Daily Charts Stop Updating Overnight

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
JMH

Daily Charts Stop Updating Overnight

Postby JMH » 25 Jun 2014

To whom this may concern, besides myself,........ I have been experiencing Daily Chart
Compressions not updating properly over night, all other Chart compressions work properly. I have been dealing with this issue for at least 2-3 upgrades of Mc, currently running Mc 8.8 r4/64bit. With Esignal live data feed(11.6). I typically run 3 instances with 10-12 workspaces & rarely do i exceed Gdi objects >10k for all total. I have been working with Mc Tech, & to date have no solution, this is becoming extremely frustrating. I am asking anyone with my current set-up if they maybe having a similar issue or have any suggestions on how i may resolve this, Thanks.............
JMH

TJ

Re: Daily Charts Stop Updating Overnight

Postby TJ » 25 Jun 2014

To whom this may concern, besides myself,........ I have been experiencing Daily Chart
Compressions not updating properly over night, all other Chart compressions work properly. I have been dealing with this issue for at least 2-3 upgrades of Mc, currently running Mc 8.8 r4/64bit. With Esignal live data feed(11.6). I typically run 3 instances with 10-12 workspaces & rarely do i exceed Gdi objects >10k for all total. I have been working with Mc Tech, & to date have no solution, this is becoming extremely frustrating. I am asking anyone with my current set-up if they maybe having a similar issue or have any suggestions on how i may resolve this, Thanks.............
JMH
What do you mean by "Daily Chart Compressions not updating properly over night"?
Can you give some examples? and chart screen shots?

JMH

Postby JMH » 26 Jun 2014

It's just a Daily chart window nothing more, stop updating means the the high, low, close
are not correct, missing data; & at some point overnight the close stops moving as well, clear...?

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Jun 2014

It's just a Daily chart window nothing more, stop updating means the the high, low, close
are not correct, missing data; & at some point overnight the close stops moving as well, clear...?
What is "Chart compression" ?

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Jun 2014

What is "Chart compression" ?
ok, I think you meant "Chart resolution".

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Jun 2014

Who is your data provider?

If you are using InteractiveBrokers, you know they have a server reboot at night, which would disrupt the data stream.

JMH

Postby JMH » 26 Jun 2014

sure, resolution whatever term you prefer to use, I'm using esignal realtime
data manager 11.6 as i stated in my initial post.......

JMH

Postby JMH » 01 Jul 2014

I guess you don't have anymore suggestions huh, Well; frankly I'm not
surprised.....I'm the only "one" out of thousands of users with my current
set-up that is experiencing the issue i have.......Good day....

henrywl

Postby henrywl » 03 Jul 2014

Hey Buddy, I am experiencing the same problem too.... and looking for answers too.

As I can only get the daily charts, and even with the daily chart some days were missing, like today is the 3rd July, and after the market close, I reload the chart data, July 3rd bar is there but July 2nd is gone....

HPF

Postby HPF » 09 Jul 2014

We are having similar issues as follows, and they show up only sometimes, but not always.

There are several daily charts with several data series each. Each data series is a combination of ASCII imported daily bars for the backtest plus live data from eSignal. Intra bar order generation is on.

I.e. for the back-test, we get four bars for each day, and for the live data, we get one bar for each tick (describing the prices between the open and the current tick). I dump all ticks into a log file.

The setup runs for anything between 12h and 3 days without problems. Then, some (but not all!) data series of some (but not all!) charts no longer receive ticks (the others do). The strategy is simply called with the most recent OLHC values and their date/time again and again.

Alternatively, MC calls my strategy with BarStatus=2 (close) bars well before the session ends.

When I close MC after one of these errors has occurred, the usual "updating the data base..." does not happen, and there are three zombie processes running with 20%..40% CPU usage. among them tsServer.exe. I need to kill them before I can restart MC - otherwise MC crahses right at the splash screen.

As of today, I don't have any reproducible test case.

My first thought is this. I guess MC has several threads running for each chart and for each data series used in the charts. These threads obtain the right eSignal ticks and feed them into the appropriate charts/strategies. Apparently some of these threads occasionally crash due to some buffer over/unerrun or some failed recovery from a timeout. I don't know why my strategy is sometimes sent a BarStatus=2 well before the close of the session. Perhaps MC is trying to be clever and thinks the session has closed when there haven't been any ticks for a certain period of time?

I'll report as soon as I have a better description of the issue.

Kind regards,

HPF

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Jul 2014

Hello HPF,

Please go to Format->Window->Status line, enable the following checkboxes: Date, Time, Open, High, Low, Last. This will add the current realtime values from the data provider to the status line of the chart.

When realtime stops in MultiCharts please check the status line values (whether they are updating or not) and compare them with eSignal Data Manager -> File -> Symbol Monitor.

If the values do not match please create a screenshot of both - MultiCharts chart window and eSignal Data Manager -> Symbol Monitor window. Then follow these instructions:

In case any of these issues happen again (realtime stop or processes are not closing properly themselves) please do the following:
  • Download and unzip MC dumper to your PC:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... Dumper.zip
  • Please do not restart MultiCharts when a problem appears.
    Keep MC or its processes running and if there is an error window - keep it open.
  • Start MC_Dumper gui.exe
  • In MC Dumper window please select the version of MultiCharts you are having problem with in “Product for Dumps selector”.
    Please keep in mind that MultiCharts, MultiCharts64, MultiCharts .Net, MultiCharts .Net 64, MultiCharts .Net SE, MultiCharts .Net SE 64 are all different products and the one you are having problem with right now must be selected to collect the required information.
  • Do not change any other options.
  • Press Make Dumps.
    It will collect all info required for analysis and zip it into the file.
  • Please send us this file to support@multicharts.com and we will analyze it.
If the file size is >10 mb please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send me the download link.

Return to “MultiCharts”