Trade Rejected, invalid futures symbol

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rkhan

Trade Rejected, invalid futures symbol

Postby rkhan » 09 Jul 2014

I am trying to trade my automated system on a simulated account.

So i have connected my MC with TS broker, and the symbol i am trading is @ES (continuous contract), anyway when my system places a trade, it gets rejected, and the error message is "Invalid futures symbol"

But yet i can chart this symbol, and i have backtestes my strategy on this symbol, which shows past backtested trades.

But it is only now that when i trade this in a LIVE environment on a simulated account, that i get this error message?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Trade Rejected, invalid futures symbol

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Jul 2014

Hello rkhan,

Are you sure that you have connected to TS broker?
There is no prebuilt TS broker connection.

tony

Re: Trade Rejected, invalid futures symbol

Postby tony » 22 Jul 2014

I am trying to trade my automated system on a simulated account.

So i have connected my MC with TS broker, and the symbol i am trading is @ES (continuous contract), anyway when my system places a trade, it gets rejected, and the error message is "Invalid futures symbol"

But yet i can chart this symbol, and i have backtestes my strategy on this symbol, which shows past backtested trades.

But it is only now that when i trade this in a LIVE environment on a simulated account, that i get this error message?
I'm stating the obvious, but did you symbol map? I've had this error before when I did not symbol map. And you can't trade the continuous contract live. I run ES with IQFeed and Rithmic, I have @ESU14 for IQ on my chart and @ESU4 for Rithmic so the symbol mapping is showing that @ESU14 (chart) equals @ESU4 (symbol to actually trade).

Return to “MultiCharts”