Draw a trend line and tell the system to buy from it

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rkhan

Draw a trend line and tell the system to buy from it

Postby rkhan » 15 Jul 2014

Is it possible to draw say three trend lines onto a chart, so physically draw them with the drawing tools. And then tell the system to trade off those lines?

For example, i would draw the following trend lines
Buy_TrendLine
Stop_TrendLine
Target_TrendLine

So these are trendlines, so they have an angel, and so the value of them continues to change every bar.

Then i would want to configure MC to buy when it reaches the BUY_TrendLine, stop out when it reaches the STOP_Trendline, and exit for profit when it reaches the Target_Trendline

So i wouldn't even mind if i could create these trendlines on the chart myself with the drawing tools, and then access them somehow in the easylanguage code to code the trading rules against the lines.

I know we can draw lines within the code, but the lines I draw are too difficult to code rules against, so i need to hand draw them

eto

Re: Draw a trend line and tell the system to buy from it

Postby eto » 15 Jul 2014

i think you may refer here http://systemtradersuccess.com/a-semi-a ... -strategy/

There is easylanguage source code you can download and test.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Draw a trend line and tell the system to buy from it

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 16 Jul 2014

Hello rkhan.

Yes, technically it is possible. Your code would be reading coordinates of the trendlines and using those values for order generation/modification. Actually manual trading in MC was invented this way.

Return to “MultiCharts”