Order in Multiple symbol

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Vin

Order in Multiple symbol

Postby Vin » 18 Jul 2014

Hi,
i want create a strategy with multi symbol or a signal that study more charts, and in base of result effectuate the trade in one symbol:

For example:
I have one chart with 4 data, and i have a signal with similar code:

A=close of data0;
B=close of data1;
C=close of data2;
D=close of data3;

value1=maxlist(A,B,C,D);

if value1=A then buy next bar at market of data0;
if value1=B then buy next bar at market of data1;
if value1=C then buy next bar at market of data2;
if value1=D then buy next bar at market of data3;

is possible?
thank you very much!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Order in Multiple symbol

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jul 2014

Hello Vin,

Your trading series is always the main data series (data1).
You can add second, third, etc. data series (subcharts) with XXX instrument and XXX resolution to your chart.
The same can be done in Portfolio Trader.
In the script the subcharts’ data (DataN) can be accessed from the code and the calculation can be based on the subcharts’ (data seriesN) data.
for ex. buy next bar at close of data2.
In MultiCharts the second data series is added using Format tab->Instrument->Add.
In Poftfolio Backtester the second data series is added using the vertical Data columns.

That is possible to perform evaluation and trading of multiple instruments using the same strategy with the Portfolio Trader introduced in MultiCharts 9.0

Vin

Postby Vin » 21 Jul 2014

Hello Henry!

Sorry, I have explained myself badly.
In base of my study, i want trade in one of my chart. ( condition1= buy in chart data0; condition2= buy in chart data2; ecc.).

For example: i have one trading system for five futures, and i want effectuate only one trade in future with more force in this day. I make one chart with four subcharts, and my trading system trade in one of five.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jul 2014

Hello Vin,

By default from one chart you can trade only the instrument that is the main data series. You cannot send orders to any additional data series of the same chart. You need to have an individual chart for each instrument you need to trade. The information can be shared between the charts using Global Variables

That is possible to use the Portfolio Trader introduced in MC 9.0 to automate order execution for multiple instruments. There are new prebuilt reserved words that allow sharing information between the strategies similar to Global Variables. You can find more details regarding the new portfolio trading here:
Portfolio Trader Manual:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/951 ... Manual.pdf
Portfolio Trader Strategy Examples:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/951 ... amples.pdf

Return to “MultiCharts”