Failed to connect to IB

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ngekw

Failed to connect to IB

Postby ngekw » 21 Jul 2014

It just happened failed to connect to IB. I can login to my online IB Trader Workstation without problem. The following messages are show in the QuoteManager when connecting to IB.
"Interactive Brokers Connecting to symbolist data for HSI FUT
Interactive Brokers Connecting to TWS...host=127.0.0.1, hostIP= 127.0.0.1, port= 7496, clientID= 22618
Interactive Brokers Connecting to TWS failure. Is the Interactive Brokers TWS software running and is it enabled for socket client? is firewall disabled? res= 0"

TJ

Re: Failed to connect to IB

Postby TJ » 21 Jul 2014

It just happened failed to connect to IB. I can login to my online IB Trader Workstation without problem. The following messages are show in the QuoteManager when connecting to IB.
"Interactive Brokers Connecting to symbolist data for HSI FUT
Interactive Brokers Connecting to TWS...host=127.0.0.1, hostIP= 127.0.0.1, port= 7496, clientID= 22618
Interactive Brokers Connecting to TWS failure. Is the Interactive Brokers TWS software running and is it enabled for socket client? is firewall disabled? res= 0"
Did you just upgraded your Java?

Which Java version you are using?
Which TWS version you are using?

Have you tried rebooting? (I don't know if this would solve the problem, I am merely asking.)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Jul 2014

Hello ngekw,

Please configure the data connection according to this guide:Interactive Brokers data provider configuration

ngekw

Postby ngekw » 23 Jul 2014

I have two laptops with the same problem, I think the problem was caused by when upgraded the Java to Java 7 Update 65, after downgraded to update 55, connection resumed normal. Is this MultiCharts problem??

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Jul 2014

I have two laptops with the same problem, I think the problem was caused by when upgraded the Java to Java 7 Update 65, after downgraded to update 55, connection resumed normal. Is this MultiCharts problem??
There is no MultiCharts problem. You need to check the TWS configuration after the update.

Return to “MultiCharts”