TWS consuming way too much memory

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

TWS consuming way too much memory

Postby arnie » 23 Jul 2014

I'd like to know if you guys are seeing TWS consuming more memory almost every single day?

The norm for TWS is around 300mb but for some reason I'm seeing it consuming between 600 and 700mb.

IB support replied that if I have too many charts opened or have other TWS components opened, such as book trader or fx trader, that will increase the memory consumption but since the only thing I have opened is TWS itself to feed MC DOM, I have no idea what is making consuming 2x the memory.

I know I could the Gateway to connect but for some reason I don't like to be dependable of MC alone to execute the orders. If for some reason MC go down I like to have TWS right besides it where I can easily just execute an order.

I'm on build 945.2b and Java 55.

Attachments
ib01.png
(12.69 KiB) Downloaded 359 times

evdl

Re: TWS consuming way too much memory

Postby evdl » 23 Jul 2014

Yes, I see the same behaviour.

Use the TWS webbased login version 946.2f, juli 21, 2014 with java update 55 and MC8.8 x64 release.

2 or 3 TWS versions back (version of 11 juli I think), the memory use was 300mb. Now at the moment with 642mb.

Also the issue I had last week with TWS was disconnects of 2 to 3 seconds a couple of times a day.

After the reconnecting of TWS, the automatic backfilling of MC was causing pacing violations. With as result that charts would not update untill all the data was backfilled.

And also charts freezing and QM not collecting RT data. Only way to resolve the issues was restart everything including the pc. Last week I had this two times a day. A restart with backfilling charts can take up to 40 minutes due to pacing violations.

I use the scanner to backfill data and have different scanner tabs that I start up every once in a while during the day. I think that requesting all this data is corrupting TWS which results in disconnects of TWS. With the described consequences. This week I don't use the scanner backfill tabs to keep the impact to TWS to a minimum.

This week I did not have any disconnects yet (because of not using backfilling tabs? or just luck).

Do you also have the issue with the disconnects?

arnie

Re: TWS consuming way too much memory

Postby arnie » 23 Jul 2014

Yes, last week I was losing connection several times a day but this week none so far.
I have a couple of symbols in the watchlist and I was also receiving a couple of pacing violations but this week none so far.

IB support requested the logs so they can study what is happening.
If you also noticed the increase in memory I would advise you to contact support. If more users report the same issue, theoretically they will work on it in a more expedite way.

Return to “MultiCharts”