Data Question  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
GTrader

Data Question

Postby GTrader » 07 Aug 2014

I can't figure out how to create a day session continuous futures contract using TS data.

I've added the continuous contracts (ESU14, ESM14, etc) to QuoteManager. I've also created the new entry in the Symbol Dictionary for ES/TS. Each contract is set to use the Symbol Settings for Setting Source and Session information.

I created a custom future for the full continuous session and that works fine for both bars and market profile, but the custom future contract for the day session only gives 1 day of market profile. The bars work fine though. The only thing I changed was to create a custom sessions template which I used in setting up the custom future. Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

GTrader

Re: Data Question

Postby GTrader » 08 Aug 2014

Actually, it seems the above works "but not for daily bars". Daily bars market profile comes up with no data available.

GTrader

Ok, if I build the daily bars from minutes it works. Definitely a bug though. It should work with daily bars.

GTrader

Ok, another bug. As stated above the fix for getting market profile to work on daily bars is to select build from minute bars. The problem is when that chart is linked to other charts via ticker every time I change the ticker it comes unchecked. Not sure why.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Data Question  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Aug 2014

Hello GTrader,

At the moment there multiple outstanding issues with using the TPO study. We are going to have them resolved in MultiCharts .NET 9.0 Beta 3.
As stated above the fix for getting market profile to work on daily bars is to select build from minute bars. The problem is when that chart is linked to other charts via ticker every time I change the ticker it comes unchecked. Not sure why
This issue has appeared in MultiCharts .NET 9.0 Beta 2 and will be fixed in Beta 3. It happens not because of instrument link, but when you switch tabs in Format Instrument window.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”