How to adjust historical data in QM after split  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
CrazyNasdaq

How to adjust historical data in QM after split

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 16 Aug 2014

Is there a way to adjust historical data collected in Quotemanager after a split ?
For example on June the 6th of this year AAPL had a split of its quote in a proportion of 7 new stocks for an old one.
Years ago, when I began to trade, I started using metastock and I remember that its data manager (downloader) had a tool to adjust historical data on split.
Is there a way with multicharts to adjust the historical data or I must extract all the data and adjust it externally from Multicharts and then import them again ?
thanks

JoshM

Re: How to adjust historical data in QM after split  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 16 Aug 2014

Is there a way to adjust historical data collected in Quotemanager after a split ?
(...)
Is there a way with multicharts to adjust the historical data or I must extract all the data and adjust it externally from Multicharts and then import them again?
If your data provider has adjusted the data on his end - you need to reload the chart to backfill the adjusted data.
The other solution is to export the data, process it in any external editor, then import it back.
Source.

That comment was from April and since then, to my knowledge, no QuoteManager features have been introduced that can deal with stock splits.

Return to “MultiCharts”