Broker equity curve  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
FutureTrader

Broker equity curve

Postby FutureTrader » 26 Aug 2014

hey,

is it possible to chart the equity curve of the broker connected to?
It would be great if there were an option to save the equity curve as time series to display it later again.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Broker equity curve

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Aug 2014

Hello FutureTrader,

That is possible to plot the current equity (netprofit + open position profit) on the chart using I_OpenEquity. You can save the indicator values to a file using Print or FileAppend or export the data + indicator values from the chart (File->Export data). Then you can create an instrument manually and import the equity data into it to plot it as an instrument on a chart.

FutureTrader

Postby FutureTrader » 27 Aug 2014

Isn't I_OpenEquity for strategies?

I'll try to describe my question again:

I'm using MC and IB as broker. When I connect to IB I can see my real account balance under Order and Position Tracker correctly. What I want now, is to plot my account balance.
a) does MC save live status of my real account balance somewhere?
b) if a => where and how is MC saving it, so that I can plot it? (this is more useful for discretionary traders ...)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Aug 2014

I_OpenEquity can be used only in indicators. This value is calculated by MultiCharts in realtime.
You can also use GetRTAccountEquity and GetRTCashBalance functions for receiving the realtime values from the broker directly. They are not stored historically.

FutureTrader

Postby FutureTrader » 28 Aug 2014

Thanks Henry,

I nearly got it work.

Using GetRTUnrealizedPL with IB doesn't include positions from" FX Portfolio - Virtual FX Position". I (as IB does, too) consider those positions as Portfolio positions. IB lists those positions under UnrealizedPL. It would be great if MC considers to show those positions in GetRTUnrealizedPL, too.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Aug 2014

FutureTrader, please attach a screenshot demonstrating the value you are referring to in IB TWS.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Sep 2014

Our further analysis with IB has shown that in order to include the required value into Open P\L value of Order and Position Tracker Window -> Accounts tab it is essential to enable "include FX position when sending portfolio" selection in the TWS > Global Configuration > API > Settings.

FutureTrader

Postby FutureTrader » 23 Sep 2014

Our further analysis with IB has shown that in order to include the required value into Open P\L value of Order and Position Tracker Window -> Accounts tab it is essential to enable "include FX position when sending portfolio" selection in the TWS > Global Configuration > API > Settings.
this option was enabled as I sent you the screenshot. The Forex Positions are under "Open Position", but they aren't in the cumulative Open P/L column under "Accounts" ...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Sep 2014

this option was enabled as I sent you the screenshot. The Forex Positions are under "Open Position", but they aren't in the cumulative Open P/L column under "Accounts" ...
So Unrealized P/L value from TWS – Account – “FX Portfolio - Virtual FX Position” does not match with MultiCharts-Order and Position Tracker Window - Accounts - Open P/L?
What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)

FutureTrader

Postby FutureTrader » 02 Oct 2014

What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
Multicharts64, Version 8.8 Release, Build 9589

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Broker equity curve  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Oct 2014

FutureTrader, we apologize for misinformation. "include FX position when sending portfolio" provides individual open positions info to Order and Position Tracker Window ->Open positions tab.
Unfortunately, there is no total Unrealized PL for FX portfolio in IB and therefore such information is not available via API.

Return to “MultiCharts”