DOM Questions

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
GTrader

DOM Questions

Postby GTrader » 26 Aug 2014

a) Is it possible to change the DOM window to be a normal MDI window inside a workspace?
b) When i am plotting a custom continuous future chart and I link it to a DOM window, I can't get the depth even when I use symbol linking. Is there a way around this?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: DOM Questions

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Aug 2014

Hello GTrader,

1. You can only have a single DOM for the complete MultiCharts instance (View->Show DOM Window). All individual DOM windows are detached and cannot be put back into a workspace like a regular window.
2. DOM requires individual futures contract name. Custom futures cannot be used in the DOM window.

GTrader

Postby GTrader » 26 Aug 2014

Hi Henry,
I would think that charting a custom future contract would be the norm for futures. What is the thought process of only having one DOM per MultiChart instance? If you are trading multiple symbols, it is helpful to have multiple DOM's especially when you use multiple monitors/desktops. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Aug 2014

Service windows that are embedded into MultiCharts window ( Show DOM/Show Order and Position tracker/Show Scanner) are per instance/MultiCharts window and are shown on the screen on the same place when you switch the workspaces. This is how it was requested by the users. You can have this option enabled/disabled, you can also have as many DOM/OPT/Scanners as you like in each workspace.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”