.net 4.5 and PL editor  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
holya

.net 4.5 and PL editor

Postby holya » 01 Sep 2014

I created some indicators using vs 2013. And when I wanted to add it to PLStudies2010 Project VS complained(obviously) so I had recompile my indicators to target .net 3.5, which I did. VS stopped complaining and compiled successfully. But MC said that I had to use PL editor to compile my indicator to be able to use them(I never understood this part, if VS build the dll, what is the role of PL editor here!). Anyhow, now PL editor says that the type or namespace "myindicator" is missing! This is the .net compiler error that PL re-routing to PL right? but why? what should I do to fix this?

holya

Re: .net 4.5 and PL editor

Postby holya » 01 Sep 2014

Can I write my studies in a separate VS Solution/Project and then add a reference to it in PLStudies2010 Solution that was shipped with MC.net?! I'd be surprised.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: .net 4.5 and PL editor  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Sep 2014

Hello holya,

Visual Studio does not compile studies. Compilation is done by the PowerLanguage .NET editor compiler.
All references should be added through MultiCharts .Net Editor only. The references you have added are global and available for all studies. There is only one direction of synchronization: from МultiСharts .Net editor to PlStudies* project. The changes done in VS for PlStudies* project would not be saved and would not show up in MC.Net editor.
For more information please see MultiCharts .NET FAQ #1

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”