Cover an order at a specific time  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kecha1

Cover an order at a specific time  [SOLVED]

Postby kecha1 » 05 Sep 2014

Hello,
i want to close an open order on the criterion of time (in minutes) that has passed since opening.
If for example the open order was a short one and my time criterion is activated, i can use the buy to cover.
For buy to cover, i can select "buy to cover this Bar On Close".
So, if i use the 4H timeframe, does that mean that i have to wait until the current bar is closed?
Is the an option of using "buy to cover this bar at market?"

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Cover an order at a specific time

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Sep 2014

Hello kecha1,

Let me clarify it:
IOG On (tick by tick calculation)-order is generated on the current tick and sent on the next tick.
IOG Off (calculation on the close of the bar)-order is generated on the close of the current bar and sent on the opening tick of the next bar.

Next bar orders are sent to the broker upon next tick after the signal generation tick. That is possible to send Market and Price Next bar orders.
This Bar on Close order is sent on the close of the signal generation bar (disregard IOG settings). Only market orders can be sent This bar.

kecha1

Postby kecha1 » 05 Sep 2014

Henry thank you.

If i understood correctly:
If IOG is off, and timeframe is 4H, a signal (robot) is initiated and executed once every 4Hours.
If IOG is on, and timeframe is 4H, the signal is executed on every incoming tick.
While IOG is on, if i want some parts of the signal to run only on the close of the current bar, i can use an if condition on barstatus =2.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Sep 2014

That is correct.

Return to “MultiCharts”