MC 9 realese candidate issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
pablo gonzalez vidal

MC 9 realese candidate issues

Postby pablo gonzalez vidal » 11 Sep 2014

It'd be really useful to have one row in Portfolio Trader and in Position Tracker with the sum of all the shares or contracts you have open for each symbol from different strategies.

In this way when you have many strategies on the same symbol you can see at glance that the number is the same than in your broker.

Regards.
Last edited by pablo gonzalez vidal on 11 Sep 2014, edited 2 times in total.

pablo gonzalez vidal

Re: Total number of contracts or shares for each asset in PT

One bug in last MC 9 realease candidate version is that GetRTAccountEquity funtion doesn't work with Interactive Broker.

Please review it!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Sep 2014

Hello Pablo,

You can find information regarding the current open positions at broker on Positions tab in Order and Position Tracker window of Portfolio Trader. If you need a different value then you can calculate it yourself and plot it in the Custom Text column.

Henry MultiСharts

One bug in last MC 9 realease candidate version is that GetRTAccountEquity funtion doesn't work with Interactive Broker.
This function has been tested - it works ok. Make sure you are using the function properly and that auto trading is enabled on this chart.

pablo gonzalez vidal

Hello Pablo,

You can find information regarding the current open positions at broker on Positions tab in Order and Position Tracker window of Portfolio Trader. If you need a different value then you can calculate it yourself and plot it in the Custom Text column.

I know I can see the current open positions at broker but I want to see the net sum of my strategies position to see if it is match with the broker position.

For instance if I have ten strategies on SPY and they sum 9394 shares it must match with 9394 shares at broker. If in Portfolio trader you put it in a row, it'd save a lot of time otherwise I have to check and sum each one separately.

pablo gonzalez vidal

This function has been tested - it works ok. Make sure you are using the function properly and that auto trading is enabled on this chart.

I'm using it in MC 8.8 from a long time and it works right. I think it's a problem of the last version.

Henry MultiСharts

I know I can see the current open positions at broker but I want to see the net sum of my strategies position to see if it is match with the broker position.

For instance if I have ten strategies on SPY and they sum 9394 shares it must match with 9394 shares at broker. If in Portfolio trader you put it in a row, it'd save a lot of time otherwise I have to check and sum each one separately.
You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Henry MultiСharts

I'm using it in MC 8.8 from a long time and it works right. I think it's a problem of the last version.
Can you see the Equity for your account in Order and Position Tracker window->Accounts tab?

pablo gonzalez vidal

Can you see the Equity for your account in Order and Position Tracker window->Accounts tab?
I haven't seen it. I have uninstalled last version and running 8.8 again. Tomorrow with the market closed I look it.

pablo gonzalez vidal

Postby pablo gonzalez vidal » 12 Sep 2014

I haven't seen it. I have uninstalled last version and running 8.8 again. Tomorrow with the market closed I look it.

Sorry you're right it works fine. The problem was with the currency USD by EUR.

But with MC 9 in some cases the open positios at broker don't appear on chart like 8.8, in others don't appear the position profit and in others appear both. I thinke it's a kind of mismatch with the financial advisor account.

Do you know something about?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Sep 2014

Sorry you're right it works fine. The problem was with the currency USD by EUR.

But with MC 9 in some cases the open positios at broker don't appear on chart like 8.8, in others don't appear the position profit and in others appear both. I thinke it's a kind of mismatch with the financial advisor account.

Do you know something about?
Please delete the symbol mapping for the problem instrument, then re-add the instrument from the data provider, re-add the mapping.

Return to “MultiCharts”