alert pop up yellow box

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

alert pop up yellow box

Postby arnie » 16 Sep 2014

For those using alerts, still on v9 beta3, are you getting the yellow pop up box?

For some reason the sound is OK but the pop up window disappeared.
Was there introduced any new option that kills the pop up box? They can be indeed annoying but when you have several alerts trigger at the same time, and since only one media file can play at a time, seeing the pop up box would help to see which alert is being triggered.
Attachments
alertpopup.png
(8.64 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: alert pop up yellow box

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Sep 2014

arnie, there were no new options introduced in regards to this situation. The yellow alert boxes are ok on our end. If they still do not work for you - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely.

arnie

Postby arnie » 16 Sep 2014

arnie, there were no new options introduced in regards to this situation. The yellow alert boxes are ok on our end. If they still do not work for you - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely.
Hi Henry.

Well, test this study
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47151#p108207

Can you see the pop up box when the alarm is triggered? I can't. The sound media file is triggered but not the pop up box.

Can't understand why

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Sep 2014

Hi Henry.

Well, test this study

Can you see the pop up box when the alarm is triggered? I can't. The sound media file is triggered but not the pop up box.

Can't understand why
arnie, we are having hard time getting this code to generate alerts. Are you able to replicate this behavior with some simple sample study?

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Sep 2014

Hi Henry.

Well, test this study

Can't understand why
arnie, we are having hard time getting this code to generate alerts. Are you able to replicate this behavior with some simple sample study?
Really? That's odd.

Here's a video with that study.
I'm playback yesterday session.
As you ca hear, the sound is being triggered fine on every new high but not a single yellow window popped up.
Can't understand why.

http://www.screencast.com/t/ijVgpEetvRQp

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Oct 2014

Really? That's odd.

Here's a video with that study.
I'm playback yesterday session.
As you ca hear, the sound is being triggered fine on every new high but not a single yellow window popped up.
Can't understand why.

http://www.screencast.com/t/ijVgpEetvRQp
Do visual alerts work if you select "Once per bar" or "On every tick" in Format Study -> Alerts?

arnie

Postby arnie » 01 Oct 2014

Do visual alerts work if you select "Once per bar" or "On every tick" in Format Study -> Alerts?
Interesting.
When selecting Once per bar or On every tick the visual alerts do come up.
So I assume that something was changed in version 9 since I never had this issue before. I never changed any of the default options on the alerts tab. Had always On bar close option selected. I've been using one of my alerts study for more then 2 years and never had this issue before.

Return to “MultiCharts”