how annoying can this be

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

how annoying can this be

Postby arnie » 18 Sep 2014

Please see the video.

http://www.screencast.com/t/2uqWPZzgUOvY

If we draw a trendline it retains the end date and time.
If we draw a rectangle the damn thing continuously adjust itself to the last bar on every new tick. It cannot retain the end date and time as the trendlines.

It drives me nuts!

And please do not tell me to go to its properties and set the end date and time manually.

dennisc

Re: how annoying can this be

Postby dennisc » 19 Sep 2014

Arnie,

If you want the rectangle to continue to extend into the future, the only thing I can think of is to maximize the chart, increase the margin on the right of your bars and then manually stretch your rectangle. Then you can reset the margin without affecting the rectangle.

At least then your rectangle will hold its width until the expanded margin is reached.

I hope that's what you're wanting, at least as a workaround until the MC team programs it...

Or just use two horizontal parallel trendlines...

arnie

Postby arnie » 19 Sep 2014

I just hope they fix/improve this.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 20 Sep 2014

I've been doing your other option- " go to its properties and set the end date and time manually"... it works, but like you said, annoying and shouldn't be necessary..

arnie

Postby arnie » 20 Sep 2014

I've been doing your other option- " go to its properties and set the end date and time manually"... it works, but like you said, annoying and shouldn't be necessary..
That's why this was requested
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1309

We have basically two issues with the rectangle, the lack of right extension option and this thing that makes it continuously adjusting to the last bar

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 22 Sep 2014

Arnie,

Anoying indeed.
I did post a similar report to MC Project Management few days ago. The problem is present only for tick or contract chart. For time based one, rectangle are ok

Martin

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Sep 2014

Please see the video.

http://www.screencast.com/t/2uqWPZzgUOvY

If we draw a trendline it retains the end date and time.
If we draw a rectangle the damn thing continuously adjust itself to the last bar on every new tick. It cannot retain the end date and time as the trendlines.

It drives me nuts!

And please do not tell me to go to its properties and set the end date and time manually.
This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts 9.0 Release.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Sep 2014

We have basically two issues with the rectangle, the lack of right extension option and this thing that makes it continuously adjusting to the last bar
arnie, our further analysis has shown that this behavior was actually previously requested by users. So this behavior is by design.

We are currently evaluating the possibility of implementing MC-1309. At the moment this feature is targeted to MultiCharts 9.1 Beta 1. If there any changes - I will keep you updated.

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 01 Oct 2014

arnie, our further analysis has shown that this behavior was actually previously requested by users. So this behavior is by design.

We are currently evaluating the possibility of implementing MC-1309. At the moment this feature is targeted to MultiCharts 9.1 Beta 1. If there any changes - I will keep you updated.
This would be useful. Please also consider adding the ability to draw a filled transparent rectangle with easylanguage.

Kind regards,

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts”