Continuous and overnight data symbol for IB (futures)?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
stok

Continuous and overnight data symbol for IB (futures)?

Postby stok » 01 Oct 2014

Just starting to play around with MC for TWS. Is there a 1.) continuous contract symbol and 2.) symbol for overnight data? Right now I load ESZ4 and only get the dec contract with regular trading hours. I currently run Ensign with IB data and use ES #F and that works. Thanks for any help!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Continuous and overnight data symbol for IB (futures)?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Oct 2014

Hello stok,

Continuous contract symbols are not provided by IB. There is no way to have continuous data in MultiCharts for TWS. In full version of MultiCharts that is possible to create a custom futures instrument which combines data of individual futures into a continuous series.

In order to get overnight data for intra-day chart resolutions you need to select a desired session setting in Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Sessions.
In order to get overnight data for daily bars in QuoteManager go to Tools tab->Data sources ->IB->Settings->disable "Regular Trading Hours" option. Reload the chart using Ctrl+R after changing this setting.

stok

Postby stok » 09 Oct 2014

Hi Henry,

Thanks. So MC for TWS has no QuoteManager? Will that be a feature anytime soon to do custom futures contracts?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Oct 2014

So MC for TWS has no QuoteManager?
Correct. It was done for better integration with IB TWS.
Will that be a feature anytime soon to do custom futures contracts?
That is not something that is in the to-do list for MultiCharts for TWS product at the moment. You can forward your improvement suggestion to IB support.

stok

Postby stok » 09 Oct 2014

OK thanks Henry. One last question, if I wanted to use the full stand alone version with TWS, is there anyway to do so? I know I launch MC TWS from TWS, but can I integrate the full version instead?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Oct 2014

MultiCharts for TWS and MultiCharts are two separate applications, each using it's own isolated application/database/study folders.
Both applications can be installed on the same PC. There will be no conflict. You can use your license purchased through IB in MultiCharts for TWS only.

Full version of MutliCharts requires a different license and can be used with Interactive Brokers as well. Make sure you don’t miss our MultiCharts 9 Release Sale.

Download MultiCharts or MultiCharts .NET.

Here is how to configure the data connection:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ve_Brokers

Broker connection instructions:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... er_Profile

Please keep in mind that the full version does not have integrated IB's lookup and instrument linking with TWS window.

Return to “MultiCharts”