Questions about Strategy Code ideas in MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
confusedxx

Questions about Strategy Code ideas in MC

Postby confusedxx » 10 Oct 2014

Hi everyone,

I am outlining the structure of some strategy I would like to implement in Easy language and then test on MC. I am not yet using MC but want to move away from TS and I want to have a strategy developed for some ideas I have. Before progressing too far and coming up with my pseudo-code, I wanted to check if the following is possible within MC.

Print Statement:
does the TS Print statement also work in MC? If so, would it be able to print the following into a report which should be stored in a location specified within the strategy:

Security Symbol,
Trade Entry date,
Trade entry time,
Trade exit date,
trade exit time,
trade entry price,
trade exit price,
long or Short trade,
Number contracts traded,
what condition triggered the trade (why placed),
Strategy that executed that trade for when multiple strategies are running at same time,
Max DD of that trade,
Final profit / loss of trade

Money Management:
I want to trade my strategy across 10 different futures and use money management strategy where equal dollar (big point value) risk is shared across all trades / futures. Lets say I risk 2% of equity per trade thus at any one time, I might have 40% equity invested. Can MC and the strategy determine the amount of capital available in my account in order to calculate position sizes?

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Questions about Strategy Code ideas in MC

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 10 Oct 2014

Hello confusedxx,

Yes, you can print the following values into a text file from code of your strategy:
You also may find this article helpful.

RE: Money Management question - yes, it is possible in MultiCharts Portfolio Trader.

Return to “MultiCharts”