Data problems with MC - TWS

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
k p

Data problems with MC - TWS

Postby k p » 14 Oct 2014

I am currently using the SE version as I learn to trade, but I understand that this is no longer being supported. I have installed the TWS version of MC .NET since I am an IB customer, but I am having charting issues. Please refer to the attached chart.

On the left are 1 minute bars as drawn in MC TWS, and on the right is the chart from IB. You can see some discrepancies. When I first saw this problem while using the SE version, my bars were drawn quite inaccurately, and I figured out that I could use QuoteManager to tell MC to use the server timestamps. In addition to this, I also found that when I reloaded the charts, nothing changed until much later in the day, and I believe I fixed this as well with a setting in QuoteManager to force MC to reload the data from the server and not use the cache, so within seconds, the bars in MC SE matched up perfectly with the bars as displayed in IB TWS.

But now when I try and use the TWS version of MC to evaluate, QuoteManager isn't included. Because these bars are drawn incorrectly (I have both charts up side by side as you can see), I want to reload the chart, but because there is no setting for how to reload, I assume that MC -TWS just uses the data already stored in my cache. What I really need is for it to reload the data from the server.

So although using the SE version works fine for now (I had a scare today because it told me briefly that my licence expired even though its the free version), I will eventually have to purchase a package. The TWS version of MultiCharts has this reload limitation, and the full .NET version is just too expensive given that I'm not exactly raking it in.

So going forward, I won't know what to do once SE stops working for me. Can you please advise on this issue, and also how long do you think I will be able to trade with the SE version? Thanks.
Attachments
MultiCharts vs IB - Data.jpg
(90.91 KiB) Downloaded 438 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Data problems with MC - TWS

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Oct 2014

Hello k p,

The settings you are referring to can be found in MultiCharts for TWS -> File -> TWS Datafeed settings.

MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition has been discontinued a while ago and has been replaced with the completely FREE MultiCharts .NET for TWS ( https://www.multicharts.com/tws-net/ ). It offers even more of the popular features that our users love, and offers a seamless working environment with Interactive Brokers.

MCSE is no longer be updated or supported, since we switched our resources to the new and exciting MultiCharts .NET for TWS product. Unfortunately, we cannot support servers for both platforms so shortly we will turn off MCSE servers and it will stop working. The users will see a notification message in the program before we turn the servers off. You may want to subscribe to the 30 day free trial of the full version: https://www.multicharts.com/net/free-trading-software/

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”