Bad Handling QuoteManager <EDIT DATA> Behavior ....  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bensat

Bad Handling QuoteManager <EDIT DATA> Behavior ....

Postby bensat » 15 Oct 2014

MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 10014)

What happened since version GOLD 5.5 ? Another bad user handling issue I figured out today, which makes me crazy. How this goes through any usage quality control ?

When I select a specific data range and change 1 or 2, than 3 changes back to the original setting. Even when I just want to see which data were saved in the past and load ASK and than want to load BID, my date settings are done. It's a disaster for user handling.

Further issue is, that ASK or BID is the original setting to show up. Why not TRADE, which should be the most common !?

Damn that's so sad to find things like this, making users life difficult.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Bad Handling QuoteManager <EDIT DATA> Behavior ....

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 15 Oct 2014

Hello bensat,

The Start and End values are reset because this way you can see exactly how much data there is in your database for the tick/minute/day/ask/bid/trade.

bensat

Re: Bad Handling QuoteManager <EDIT DATA> Behavior ....

Postby bensat » 15 Oct 2014

Hi Andrew,

I wish MC wouldn't try to decide what I want. When I'm trying to delete data for a specific date (tick, min and daily data) there's the huge danger just to delete the wrong data or more data the user wanted. As a user u just have to take care like hell just to delete the correct data you wanted to delete.

It would be much easier the date sits where I set it up. When I want to delete tick data for one date I mostly want to delete the min data for the same date as well. It can be really nasty like it is now, specially when the QM crashed in busy times, you restart the QM, get no "backfilling" and new data even with trying to reload them.

Thank you.

Ben

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Bad Handling QuoteManager <EDIT DATA> Behavior ....  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 15 Oct 2014

I understand your point. Please leave us such feature request.

Return to “MultiCharts”