Portfolio Trader Question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
amadeu1

Portfolio Trader Question

Postby amadeu1 » 17 Oct 2014

1. When I stop and then start again the Autotrading in Portfolio Trader I see a window where it loads data from all Instruments (Markets) . What does it do there ? Does it reload from CQG (my data feed) or from the Quote Manager ? When I reload data in the chart of that market and the position changes due to the reload it does not really affect the PortfolioTrader. Only when i stop and start the PortfolioTrader from scratch it will also change the position. I am just puzzled how PortfolioTrader reloads data when i stop and start the autotrading.

The best would be a reload button in the PortfolioTrader where the current day is reloaded and then I get a warning message when a position has changed due to the reload.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Portfolio Trader Question

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Oct 2014

Hello amadeu1,

This window shows the progress of loading the data for backtesting/auto trading.
If the data for the requested period is present in the database - it will be loaded from the database. If the data was recently loaded and not yet saved to the database then it is in the cache and it will be loaded from there. If the data was not loaded - it will be requested from the data provider.

There is no "Reload" feature in Portfolio Trader. So there is no way to force portfolio load all of the specified data from the data provider directly. Your suggestion will be forwarded to our management.

Return to “MultiCharts”