Selling a signal

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kingmins

Selling a signal

Postby kingmins » 20 Oct 2014

Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone can help me.

I currently have a few systems which i am in the process of selling to some clients. Now i have the following problems and solutions:

1. I figured out that we can password protect the signal and export as read only so they cannot opent he signal.

2. When they import the signal i know we can use: getcustomerid or customerusername and place this in the code so they cannot share the signal with multiple people.

3. Now i don't want them to play the signal on 7 years worth of data and try to reverse engineer it so i need a way of only letting the trade run or show on the last days worth of data?? Is there a way to do this? I know i can use date function to only show trades for last month.

4. I am selling the signal so they can only be run on the market they were intended for, obviously as clients have different brokerage accounts i can use getsymbol to make sure they trade an NQ signal only on NQ. Is there a way around this so i can force the code to only run on NQ or will i have to list all NQ contracts and symbol names for various brokers.

5. Is there anything else i am missing, i don't want to get ripped of and have people steal my systems.

Thanks for any help

TJ

Re: Selling a signal

Postby TJ » 20 Oct 2014

Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone can help me.
::
4. I am selling the signal so they can only be run on the market they were intended for, obviously as clients have different brokerage accounts i can use getsymbol to make sure they trade an NQ signal only on NQ. Is there a way around this so i can force the code to only run on NQ or will i have to list all NQ contracts and symbol names for various brokers.
::
Thanks for any help
Look up:

LeftStr

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 20 Oct 2014

Look up:

LeftStr
I don't think that would work. EuroStoxx50 futures, for example, have as official symbol FESX, but are called EX by IQFeed and ESTX50 by IB. So with that there is no way around creating a list of every future for every broker/data feed.

Requiring that subscribers change the description to the official symbol could help, but not for IB where the symbol description is needed for MultiCharts' data purposes.

You could perhaps do a workaround with one of the PosTrade* keywords, where you store the first symbol of the day a trade in occurred in a global variable. Let's say that is ES. If a user then has the signal also running on NQ, you could check the check the global variable (pseudo: if GlobalVar <> GetSymbolName then #return;) prior to sending the trade.

kingmins

Postby kingmins » 21 Oct 2014

Thanks for help guys.

Will try out your solution JoshM.

Still is there a way to achieve the following:

3. Now i don't want them to play the signal on 7 years worth of data and try to reverse engineer it so i need a way of only letting the trade run or show on the last days worth of data?? Is there a way to do this? I know i can use date function to only show trades for last month.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 21 Oct 2014

Still is there a way to achieve the following:

I didn't thought this was an question because you've seemed to answered it yourself. ;) Indeed, you can use the date function for that. It would be easier to use `DateTime` for calculations, by the way, then the default `Date` functions (which are in YYYMMDD format) since subtracting or addition with this latter gives wrong results.

Return to “MultiCharts”