MC interference with Google Chrome?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

MC interference with Google Chrome?

Postby arjfca » 20 Oct 2014

Question for a software guru

Is it possible that MC, (both regular and 64) share some memory with Google Chrome?

Since few time, I often got Google Chrome " He's dead, Jim" **
error and a message that memory may be low

I got 24 GB of ram, so I don't think that the problem is from that.

Problem seem to be more frequent when many of my charts in a same workbook are displayed using ticks bars. I understand that this mode do use more memory. Could it be possible that it cause a conflict?

**: He's dead, Jim is a message from Chrome Browser when this application run in a problem and is closed by Chrome itself
Attachments
dead jim.jpg
(76.94 KiB) Downloaded 683 times

TJ

Re: MC interference with Google Chrome?

Postby TJ » 20 Oct 2014

Is it possible that MC, (both regular and 64) share some memory with Google Chrome?
Problem seem to be more frequent when many of my charts in a same workbook are displayed using ticks bars. I understand that this mode do use more memory. Could it be possible that it cause a conflict?
**: He's dead, Jim is a message from Chrome Browser when this application run in a problem and is closed by Chrome itself
What extensions do you have in your Chrome?

arjfca

What extensions do you have in your Chrome?
Hello TJ

Same extensions since a long time
- AdBlock
- Kaspersky Protection
- PaswordBox

Martin
Attachments
Chrome extension.jpg
(70.94 KiB) Downloaded 674 times

arjfca

I just installed the new Chrome 64. I suppose that this version will, like MC have a better memory usage system. Will see if I got less problem

Problem may not be related to MC, but since MC is the only major software running apart Chrome, I have some interogation

Martin

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Oct 2014

The music service I subscribe has a web player and I've always used it with Chrome but lately not only memory usage has skyrocket but also CPU usage.

I contacted to music service company to know why the web player would start by using 80mb of memory and an hour later it was using 400mb. They said that it's inside the norm but the problem is Chrome and other web browsers that have memory leaks so it's difficult for them to control it.

So at the moment during market hours I'm only having MC opened in my desktop, nothing else.

By the way, didn't you noticed also more CPU usage? Or it's just memory?

Is it only me that feels MC is using much more CPU then previous versions?

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 21 Oct 2014

Hello Arnie

Did not check. All I know is Chrome was having memory problem. I installed the new Chrome 64. So far no faulty web page today. Having 24 GB of ram, it should not be a problem.

MC: Since I installed the latest 64 version, I often got problem with pacing violation with IB data server. I'm using MC 64 like I was using the 32 version. At least 4 or 5 time per day, I got the pacing problem.

MC 64 failed today and was closed. An error report was sent to them. Can't say why.

Martin

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 22 Oct 2014

Hi Martin,

I have been tracking my memory usage since you brought this up. I have two instances of MC 9.0 and Chrome 64 running with CQG, Barchart.com and LMax with a total of 18 charts.

My memory stats are stable as is my cpu utilization. I can't say that I am having the same problems as you are. This is running Windows 7 Pro.

regards,

Alex

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Oct 2014

When you install chrome64, you must remove all old chrome components from your Taskmanager before you start. Otherwise you will encounter problems.

Return to “MultiCharts”