IB Advisor Account - opened Position problem  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
goldmine

IB Advisor Account - opened Position problem

Postby goldmine » 22 Oct 2014

I place order via Advisor account. 2 sub-account under the advisor account.

When positions are opend, advisor account does not show any opened position on DOM,

but in " order position tracker".

and both 2 sub-accoounts show information of opened position.

So I can not have direct control of 2 sub account through Advisor account.(ex, flatten position)

ps : see attached picture
Attachments
MC9.0.png
(149.94 KiB) Downloaded 635 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: IB Advisor Account - opened Position problem  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Oct 2014

Hello goldmine,

The current behavior in MultiCharts 9.0 is correct. It was introduced by the changes IB has requested to be done on our end regarding the connection to their API when FA account is used. Previously MultiCharts was scrolling through all of the accounts for getting the accounts and open positions information. This imposed heavy load on IB servers and could result in your connection to IB being stopped.

There are different types of FA accounts with IB:
"All Account" structure, meaning these are Advisors that cannot trade on the F-Account level and that is not possible to get the net positions for all associated sub accounts in MultiCharts (you won't see the position for DF account and the DOM will not have the Close Position button). That is possible though to configure the Advisor Allocation or Groups the same way it is done in TWS, therefore when you send an order to a certain allocation or group it will be managed and split according to the configuration.

IB also has account structures that can trade on the Master Level (on the F or DF Account) and do not support an All Account structure. For such account the DF/F account position will be shown in MultiCharts.

goldmine

Re: IB Advisor Account - opened Position problem

Postby goldmine » 23 Oct 2014

Hi Henry:
can I change the struture myslef on the web, or through a serveice operator?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Oct 2014

Hi Henry:
can I change the struture myslef on the web, or through a serveice operator?
Please contact IB directly regarding the account setup. Keep in mind that the account structure that can trade on the Master Level (on the F or DF Account) has/shows it's own position, not the net sub accounts position.

goldmine

Postby goldmine » 29 Oct 2014

fully understand your explaination.

here comes another problem, I can place order for 2 sub accounts via Master account, but can not close position indivisually. let's say, I would like to close position for Sub1 acc, beacuse its short-term position, meanwhile remian Sub2 's position open.

it is really unconvenient for Advisor account, what if I have 10 clients in the future(highly possible),
it is complex to manage all 10 account at the same time and every time close position.

is there any other way to solve this problem, I am sure many pro-users having the same situation.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Oct 2014

fully understand your explaination.

here comes another problem, I can place order for 2 sub accounts via Master account, but can not close position indivisually. let's say, I would like to close position for Sub1 acc, beacuse its short-term position, meanwhile remian Sub2 's position open.

it is really unconvenient for Advisor account, what if I have 10 clients in the future(highly possible),
it is complex to manage all 10 account at the same time and every time close position.

is there any other way to solve this problem, I am sure many pro-users having the same situation.

Thanks
This is not something that is related to MultiCharts. Please contact IB directly regarding possibility of such FA setup.

goldmine

Postby goldmine » 10 Dec 2014

Hi Henry :

for the latest MC 9.0.10360,

the update information says : • InteractiveBrokers: Open P/L in Order and Position Tracker – Open Position was not updating (FA account type only).

just wanna make sure, does it mean I can place orders + close position via FA account as it used to be?

Regards

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Dec 2014

Hi Henry :

for the latest MC 9.0.10360,

the update information says : • InteractiveBrokers: Open P/L in Order and Position Tracker – Open Position was not updating (FA account type only).

just wanna make sure, does it mean I can place orders + close position via FA account as it used to be?

Regards
goldmine, no, it does not mean that.

Return to “MultiCharts”