Chart Trader - Panel

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
FutureTrader

Chart Trader - Panel

Postby FutureTrader » 28 Oct 2014

In the panel there are the two field Placer Order and Exit Strategy. Both have some symbols in it. Is it possible to set a option, that they are always expanded so that all symbols are beeing seen all the time and that there is no overlapping with the Place Order or Exit Strategy field?
I hope I missed this option somewhere, because it's so time consuming to scroll to the correct symbol when trading in fast markets, as I can't imagine this behavior is wanted to be seen from the standpoint of the development.
Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Chart Trader - Panel

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Oct 2014

Hello FutureTrader,

This is something we are considering to improve. At the moment this improvement is not targeted to any particular version.

shanemcdonald

Postby shanemcdonald » 28 Oct 2014

hi

yes, this is a major flaw in the design of the interface.
There should not be icons at all. It should be straightforward and text, not images or icons.

A dropdown menu with all of your saved templates should be available for quick selection.

I do not like the way this is set up at all.

SC has the best system for this. Stops and targets are easily changed and set .
There is a dropdown menu with all of the strategies to be picked from. It is in plain, legible text and easy to identify your strategies.

I should note that MC has many, many features that are better than SC and I prefer MC. I am only speaking of the chart trader panel.

evdl

Postby evdl » 28 Oct 2014

When improvements for the chart panel find a way in the probably overfull agenda of MC, please make it remember settings for the set symbols. Every symbol has is own targets/exit strategies. It would be nice to have settings saved per symbol. So when changing to a certain symbol it should automatically select the targets/exit strategies that are saved for that symbol.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Oct 2014

hi
yes, this is a major flaw in the design of the interface.
There should not be icons at all. It should be straightforward and text, not images or icons.
A dropdown menu with all of your saved templates should be available for quick selection.
I do not like the way this is set up at all.
SC Chart has the best system for this. Stops and targets are easily changed and set .
There is a dropdown menu with all of the strategies to be picked from. It is in plain, legible text and easy to identify your strategies.
I should note that MC has many, many features that are better than SC and I prefer MC. I am only speaking of the chart trader panel.
Shane, we appreciate your feedback. We cannot disagree that what is good for one user potentially can be less user friendly for the other one - all of that is very subjective. We are trying to satisfy the majority of our users and at the moment Windows Visual UI that we stick to does it's job.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Oct 2014

When improvements for the chart panel find a way in the probably overfull agenda of MC, please make it remember settings for the set symbols. Every symbol has is own targets/exit strategies. It would be nice to have settings saved per symbol. So when changing to a certain symbol it should automatically select the targets/exit strategies that are saved for that symbol.
Edwin, at the moment it is designed differently - you can save up to 4 global templates. If you want to have per instrument templates added - please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Return to “MultiCharts”