Portfolio Trader: when does auto-trading start?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fbertram

Portfolio Trader: when does auto-trading start?

Postby fbertram » 04 Nov 2014

Dear MultiCharts fans,

I am working with Portfolio Trader and am in the process of getting auto-trading set up. I am working with daily charts. I have enabled auto-trading long after the markets have closed. What I hope would happen now is, that MultiCharts places the orders that should be generated for that day. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. Instead MultiCharts is sitting there doing nothing... probably waiting until the next bar closes tomorrow afternoon. Can you please clarify?

This (assumed) one bar delay might not be a big issue if it is minutes - but for daily charts this is really unfortunate: it implies that my machine needs to be running when the bar closes, instead of just being turned on once a day after the markets closed.

Is there a way to change that behavior?

Thank you,
best regards, Felix

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Portfolio Trader: when does auto-trading start?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Nov 2014

Hello Felix,

As there is no Intra-Bar Order Generation in Portfolio Trader - when 1 day chart resolution is used the script is calculated on the bar close. An order is placed on this bar close/next bar open (depending on the code). An order can be filled on any tick price within the next bar.

Return to “MultiCharts”