rejected orders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
juanmon

rejected orders

Postby juanmon » 06 Nov 2014

HI,

I am trying to place orders through Multicharts via CQG to my broker (Jefferies). Connections for data and trading are set and working properly. I noticed that I am successful in doing this when creating a chart that uses only the realtime data from CQG. However, when I try to use a chart that I have Ascii mapped to a historical data file which updates every day, and then merge this chart with CQG real time data for the front month contract, that I can no longer place orders. I get a " no instrument specific reference data for symbol " error message in the logs tab. What can I do to place orders with a merged chart like this? I need the mapped file data included because many of my indicators need a longer history of a continuous contract, and real time CQG charts do not have a long enough history for some of the calculations.

I am using version 9.0 build 10014.

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: rejected orders

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Nov 2014

Hello juanmon,

Please configure the symbol mapping from ASCII Mapping instrument to CQG broker instrument.

juanmon

Postby juanmon » 07 Nov 2014

thanks very much, this is working now.

One more thing I'm trying to do is trade a strategy on the same sort of data (ascii mapped historical 5 minute bars combined with realtime CQG data for current day's bars) on 10 different futures contracts, as opposed to just 1 I am able to do through the charting program. when I set up the contracts in Portfolio Trader, I can get the mapped historical data set up for each contract, but how does one merge this which the realtime cqg data for the 10 contracts in the portfolio? I don't see any box for "merge data sources" as I do in the charting program. I can't seem to find anything in the help/wiki pages on this.

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Nov 2014

juanmon, "data sources merging" is not available in Portfolio Trader.

Return to “MultiCharts”