Manual Excel universal DDE input problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dingmanhoe123

Manual Excel universal DDE input problem

Postby dingmanhoe123 » 10 Nov 2014

I will input data into a excel sheet and import it into multichart by universal DDE import.

e.g. if I want to trade ES then I will make a chart of ES and then I will create a subchart for the excel imported data (let's say it is A). I will by 1 contract of ES if value of A > 20, so I wrote a signal as ' if close of data2 >20 then buy 1 contract next bar at market '

What I found in the chart after imported the signal into the chart is ..
when I input 21 into the excel sheet, the value of A will marked as 21 in the subchart, but no trade was activated. But if I input another value of A, I found that the signal will be activated whatever the value of A is.

how can I activate the signal once I input the value of A is greater than 20?

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Manual Excel universal DDE input problem

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 11 Nov 2014

Hello dingmanhoe123,

Could you send us the following files to support@multicharts.com?
  1. The workspace to reproduce the situation.
  2. Export of used symbols (with data) from QuoteManager in .qmd archive: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rting_Data
  3. The exported scripts with all dependant functions that are used on the workspace: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ng_Studies

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 12 Nov 2014

dingmanhoe123,

It looks like your signal simply already entered long and was in long position. When i added a simple code to exit on every bar if there is a long position, i was able to do what you are trying to. The workspace is attached.

Attachments
Button test for multichart.wsp
(231.42 KiB) Downloaded 344 times

dingmanhoe123

Postby dingmanhoe123 » 12 Nov 2014

1. I tried to open your provided workspace. but I found that no buy or short signal could be activated after I input the value which is > 21 or <-21.

2. what is the function of the signal that you suggested me to add in the workspace? can I just amend my programme to achieve what I want to do?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 13 Nov 2014

Dingmanhoe123,

If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Return to “MultiCharts”