Scanner - columns and sub columns ? and other questions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
johnromeronc

Scanner - columns and sub columns ? and other questions

Postby johnromeronc » 16 Nov 2014

On this URL is talks about the scanner and working with the grid
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _with_Grid

Symbol (first column)
Resolution (second column)
Trend (third column)
The positions of the columns above are fixed and cannot be moved.
Ten additional data columns can be added. Each data column can have ten sub-columns.
For example, the Data column counts as one data column with seven sub-columns.

sooo --
I have not been able to find any more info on this. Also when I click on the scanner it asks about adding an indicator, but nothing relative to sub columns. Please further define and maybe provide an example of the 2 following lines
1 -> Ten additional data columns can be added. Each data column can have ten sub-columns.
2 -> For example, the Data column counts as one data column with seven sub-columns.

Now for my other question about the scanner

1 - Is it possible to have a cell that is my notes, which I would keep in either a spreadsheet or file?
1a - If so, is it possible to limit the size of the cell?
1b - If I hover over the cell is it possible to see the full text in the note?

Thanks in advance

John

JoshM

Re: Scanner - columns and sub columns ? and other questions

Postby JoshM » 17 Nov 2014

1 - Is it possible to have a cell that is my notes, which I would keep in either a spreadsheet or file?
1a - If so, is it possible to limit the size of the cell?
1b - If I hover over the cell is it possible to see the full text in the note?
1) Yes, you could use ELCollection to read data from a txt while which is then displayed in a column. If you really want to because this is quite elaborative and would require a .txt file for each symbol. I recall that Martin (arjfca) also uses MC to communicate with Excel, but I'm not sure if that works also from Excel to MC. Perhaps you can search his posts for more information.

1a/1b) The amount of text can be limited by 'chopping of' a part of the string. A function that you could use as a starting point can be found here. Simply put; determine how many characters you want to display and 'cut off' the rest. But that would not give the 'on hover' effect since the text will not be complete.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Scanner - columns and sub columns ? and other questions

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Nov 2014

I have not been able to find any more info on this. Also when I click on the scanner it asks about adding an indicator, but nothing relative to sub columns. Please further define and maybe provide an example of the 2 following lines
1 -> Ten additional data columns can be added. Each data column can have ten sub-columns.
2 -> For example, the Data column counts as one data column with seven sub-columns.
Hello johnromeronc,

This information was indeed misleading. I have updated it:
Up to ten indicators can be added in 32 bit version, total amount of plots in which cannot exceed 100.
In 64 bit version there are no limitations for the amount of indicators and plots that can be added.

Return to “MultiCharts”