Get Value of Opening Price for Session

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
tmfdouglas

Get Value of Opening Price for Session

Postby tmfdouglas » 17 Nov 2014

Hi,

Was hoping someone from Multicharts could help - I need to retrieve the opening price for the session to use in indicators which would be used in charts and market scanner.

I've looked for documentation but can't find any simple way of doing so. There are a couple of ways I expect this could be done, using the status bar https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ata_Access but I assume this would only work in charts and another method of retrieving the session start time, calculating which bar that is then getting the open price. Surely there must be an easier way?

Whilst Multicharts seems like a great product further documentation and comments within the standard indicators, functions etc... would make it much easier to use (I've read the programming guide which is a great start but significantly more documentation is always welcome!). Are there any plans to do this?

Thanks
Tim Douglas

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Get Value of Opening Price for Session

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Nov 2014

Hello Tim,

If BarsOfData() does not suit your needs then you can use the DataLoader or CustomInstrument (MC .NET ver. 9.0 or higher).

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”