PL Editor in MCFX  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dennisc

PL Editor in MCFX

Postby dennisc » 27 Nov 2014

I have a few custom indicators that I use every day in MC64 (thanks to this forum); I installed MCFX and I would like to use those same custom indicators in MCFX.

But when I copy and paste the PL code from MC64 PL Editor into the MCFX PL Editor, it will only compile with errors.

I've tried uninstalling MCFX, re-downloading the MCFX.exe file and re-installing, but that didn't help.

What is it that I must do to get the code to work in MCFX?

TJ

Re: PL Editor in MCFX

Postby TJ » 27 Nov 2014

I have a few custom indicators that I use every day in MC64 (thanks to this forum); I installed MCFX and I would like to use those same custom indicators in MCFX.
But when I copy and paste the PL code from MC64 PL Editor into the MCFX PL Editor, it will only compile with errors.
I've tried uninstalling MCFX, re-downloading the MCFX.exe file and re-installing, but that didn't help.
What is it that I must do to get the code to work in MCFX?
Not sure what is the difference between MCFX and MC... but to ask for help, you should

1. post the error message... either a screenshot, or copy and paste.

2. post the code for debugging.

dennisc

Postby dennisc » 28 Nov 2014

It turns out that everything works fine on my laptop install of MCFX, but not on my main desktop; so any problem is on my end of things...

Maybe the desktop install file was corrupted somehow... I'll try reinstalling from the install file I used on the laptop...

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 Nov 2014

It turns out that everything works fine on my laptop install of MCFX, but not on my main desktop; so any problem is on my end of things...
Maybe the desktop install file was corrupted somehow... I'll try reinstalling from the install file I used on the laptop...
Make sure you are running the program as "Administrator".

dennisc

Make sure you are running the program as "Administrator".
Still won't work on the desktop. I'm thinking I need to manually remove registry entries in order to get a successful install.

Any tips on that approach?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Nov 2014

dennisc, please provide the information requested by TJ in post #2 or come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 2 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely. We will do our best to help you.

dennisc

dennisc, please provide the information requested by TJ in post #2 or come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 2 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely. We will do our best to help you.
Here you go...
Attachments
comp error.png
(101.51 KiB) Downloaded 582 times

dennisc

Re: PL Editor in MCFX  [SOLVED]

Solved my problem; uninstalled MCFX, deleted all its registry entries, and reinstalled. Everything is fine (so far)...

Return to “MultiCharts”