error on data loading of IQFeed QNG#C

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
adalc79

error on data loading of IQFeed QNG#C

Postby adalc79 » 30 Nov 2014

Hi,
I use IQFeed as real-data data feed. as you can see from the attached file, the continuous contract on NG has a gap between Nov 20 and 21 due to the rollover which shouldn't be there as the contract is back-adjusted (QNG#C), which doesn't appear in the current NG contract.
In my office PC (MC 9 release 3) the gap is present, while in my home PC (MC 9 release 0) the gap is absent, so I assume it's a MC issue and not an IQFeed issue.
I noted that this makes backtesting useless as the data (compared to previous reports) become different.
how can I fix it?

PS: the problem was already present with previous MC9 releases, like ZS#C, and MultiCharts acknowledged it... it seems like the problem hasn't been fixed yet. please help!
Attachments
2014-11-30 08.47.39 pm.png
QNG#C (continuous back-adj) and the current month contract
(394.16 KiB) Downloaded 332 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: error on data loading of IQFeed QNG#C

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Dec 2014

Hello adalc79,

Please make sure the session settings are configured properly and then reload the incorrect data (View tab->Reload data).

Go to Format->Instrument->Settings tab->check what Session is selected for the chart.
If it is set to "Default" then go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->double click on the symbol you need->Sessions tab->you can modify the session time here. Copy/paste your existing chart or create a new one to apply the changes in session settings.
If a custom session template is used go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->Tools->Session templates.

adalc79

Postby adalc79 » 02 Dec 2014

Is it possible to delete a file in the MultiCharts directory in order to be SURE that all data has been deleted for a symbol?
For instance: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\TS Support\MultiCharts64\9.0.10253.400\Logs\tsServer\tsIQDataFeed_Trace.txt
The file is 85MB now (since yesterday) and keeps updating every minute…
I know this is a Log File, but I was wondering about a similar file that could be deleted

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Dec 2014

There is a single file that stores all data for all instruments. You can delete only all data for all instruments if we are talking about file delete. Otherwise you can delete all data for the instrument in the QuoteManager.

Return to “MultiCharts”