saving watchlist

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
morpheous

saving watchlist

Postby morpheous » 11 Jan 2015

Is there a way to save a watchlist?
Jim

arnie

Re: saving watchlist

Postby arnie » 11 Jan 2015

Jim

What to you mean by saving?
If you create a watchlist it will be saved with your workspace. Everytime you open that workspace the watchlist it's there, the same way a chart window is.

morpheous

Jim

What to you mean by saving?
If you create a watchlist it will be saved with your workspace. Everytime you open that workspace the watchlist it's there, the same way a chart window is.

I was wondering is there was a way to save and open up the watchlist in other workspaces.

So if I close the watchlist within the workspace and exit the workspace (set to save on close) I'll lose the symbols in the list?
Jim

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Jan 2015

I was wondering is there was a way to save and open up the watchlist in other workspaces.

So if I close the watchlist within the workspace and exit the workspace (set to save on close) I'll lose the symbols in the list?
Jim
if you close a window within the workspace and then save it, yes, you'll lose that window, in this case, your watchlist.

what you can do is create the watchlist you want and then copy/paste (ctrl+shift+c/v) it into other workspaces.

morpheous

Ok thanks, looks like you can copy/paste to an excel spreadsheet as well so you always have a backup.

Cheers,

Jim

Return to “MultiCharts”