Market On Open orders,How to know bar is last bar of session

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
justme

Market On Open orders,How to know bar is last bar of session

Postby justme » 15 Jan 2015

Hi-

When using intraday data, early closes will cause issues with Market on open orders along the lines of

if time=sessionEndTime then Sell next bar market

I have resolved this issue in the past by reading in data that will update what the session's closing time actually was for each day, but I would like to streamline it and keep it all to the data found in the chart itself. I was hoping that MC would have some built in functionality which will inform that the session has closed and so I could then fire off the sell next bar order, but I haven't found anything.

What are the different ways that I can work around this? There has to be a work around that would allow the needed information be gathered within the chart. As I need to stay true to trade what you test, I need this to work in realtime and also during historical simulations.

Thanks. Gordon

TJ

Re: Market On Open orders,How to know bar is last bar of ses

Postby TJ » 15 Jan 2015

Hi-
When using intraday data, early closes will cause issues with Market on open orders along the lines of
if time=sessionEndTime then Sell next bar market
I have resolved this issue in the past by reading in data that will update what the session's closing time actually was for each day, but I would like to streamline it and keep it all to the data found in the chart itself. I was hoping that MC would have some built in functionality which will inform that the session has closed and so I could then fire off the sell next bar order, but I haven't found anything.
What are the different ways that I can work around this? There has to be a work around that would allow the needed information be gathered within the chart. As I need to stay true to trade what you test, I need this to work in realtime and also during historical simulations.
Thanks. Gordon
You have to create a database of "early close days", because I don't know of any datafeed that has such information as an integral part of their feed.

How many early closing days are there in the World?

People trades different markets; how many early closing days are there in your markets?

TJ

Re: Market On Open orders,How to know bar is last bar of ses

Postby TJ » 15 Jan 2015

ps. there is an indicator for holidays, you can probably adapt the code for your purposes.

Return to “MultiCharts”