Rithmic CC FMH0015! is showing a wrong SessionEndTime  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
justme

Rithmic CC FMH0015! is showing a wrong SessionEndTime

Postby justme » 15 Jan 2015

Hi, When I plot Rithmic CC FMH0015! with a daily resolution it is showing a timestamp of 14:00, but the session close is actually 13:30. is this by design? how does it get rectified?

Thanks. Gordon

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Rithmic CC FMH0015! is showing a wrong SessionEndTime  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Jan 2015

Hello Gordon,

Please make sure the symbol session settings are correct or apply a session template to your chart:
1) To change the symbol session settings:
Go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->double click on the symbol you need->Sessions tab->you can modify the session time here. Each chart of this symbol set to Default session will use these session settings.
2) To create a custom session template:
Go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->Tools->Session templates.
More information can be found here.
Select your session template on the chart in Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Session.

Reload all data on your existing chart to apply the changes in session settings.

justme

Re: Rithmic CC FMH0015! is showing a wrong SessionEndTime

Postby justme » 27 Jan 2015

When setting the default session time ("1) To change the symbol session settings:"), is there a way to set the session to the Root Symbol, so all delivery months will reflect the new session times?

justme

Postby justme » 27 Jan 2015

My answer:

I altered the Symbol dictionary then altered each of the contracts to use the symbol dictionary, but what happens over time as new contracts begin to populate, what settings will they use? In Symbol Dictionary, I selected my data provider Rithmic as the datasource. Then I updated the existing contracts, but does my selection of Rithmic as the datasource mean it will be used in forthcoming contracts?

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Feb 2015

Hello justme,

Please add the instruments using Lookup to have the correct instrument parameters provided by the data feed API. If you need different parameters - you can manually change the values after the instrument is added.

Return to “MultiCharts”