running two signal in two workspace in IB simulation account

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dingmanhoe123

running two signal in two workspace in IB simulation account

Postby dingmanhoe123 » 16 Jan 2015

I tried to run two signal in two workspace in IB simulation account.
I used MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy to collect the status of marketposition for each strategy.
I used MP[1]=0 and MP=1 to detect whether there was a trade in the last bar. and then a stoploss signal will be generated.
However I found that the signal did not run as planned.

1. What I want to know is whether MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy could be used in IB simulated account?
2. should I used marketposition instead? can I run two workspace in the same time and they will not affect each other if they are trading the same instrument?

TJ

Re: running two signal in two workspace in IB simulation acc

Postby TJ » 16 Jan 2015

::
can I run two workspace in the same time and they will not affect each other if they are trading the same instrument?
Look for this article in wiki:

Trading from Multiple Charts on One Instrument

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 16 Jan 2015

Hello dingmanhoe123,
I used MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy to collect the status of marketposition for each strategy.
I used MP[1]=0 and MP=1 to detect whether there was a trade in the last bar. and then a stoploss signal will be generated.
TJ is right, please follow the link: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Instrument
1. What I want to know is whether MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy could be used in IB simulated account?
2. should I used marketposition instead? can I run two workspace in the same time and they will not affect each other if they are trading the same instrument?
Please follow another link to learn more about MarketPosition keywords and how they work: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rent_Modes

DTorSwing

Postby DTorSwing » 17 Jan 2015

Hello dingmanhoe123,
TJ is right, please follow the link: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Instrument
Please follow another link to learn more about MarketPosition keywords and how they work: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rent_Modes
Andrew, that link says Hedging is not supported in MC, but if I trade 2 charts of same symbol, but to a 2 diff accounts in IB, thats not hedging? right
it would be Long in 1 acct and Short in 2nd acct, but not entered at the same price level, so the diff would be the profit or Loss

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 19 Jan 2015

Andrew, that link says Hedging is not supported in MC, but if I trade 2 charts of same symbol, but to a 2 diff accounts in IB, thats not hedging? right
it would be Long in 1 acct and Short in 2nd acct, but not entered at the same price level, so the diff would be the profit or Loss
That is correct: it is not hedging and it is possible to do so in MC.

Return to “MultiCharts”