Pacing Violation in Qoute manager

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
cael

Pacing Violation in Qoute manager

Postby cael » 18 Feb 2008

I am getting a pacing violation in quote manager. Please find snap enclosed,
Attachments
pacing violation.PNG
(28.4 KiB) Downloaded 465 times

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Feb 2008

It is IB server restriction. It can process 60 requests for 10 minutes and then you should wait another 10 minutes to proceed. It is a normal situation if you open lots of charts or/and bars back.

Nick

Postby Nick » 20 Feb 2008

I still don't quite understand why MC can not keep count of the data it has requested? The only time you should get a pacing violation is if you restart MC so it looses count of how much it has requested in the last 10 minute period.

When IB introduced pacing I'm pretty sure I posted a protocol that a friend uses in their own charting app with 100% success and close to maximum data throughput. Might be mistaken on that thought.

Cheers.
Nick.

TJ

Postby TJ » 20 Feb 2008

it might not be all of MC's fault.

I have seen TWS showing pacing violation, even when I have started MC with only one chart and one symbol, and nothing else online in the QM.

If this happens, the easiest remedy is to shut down TWS and start it again.

p.s. this is not a cure all solution. Just one way to isolate the problem if the err is on TWS' side.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 21 Feb 2008

I still don't quite understand why MC can not keep count of the data it has requested? The only time you should get a pacing violation is if you restart MC so it looses count of how much it has requested in the last 10 minute period.

When IB introduced pacing I'm pretty sure I posted a protocol that a friend uses in their own charting app with 100% success and close to maximum data throughput. Might be mistaken on that thought.

Cheers.
Nick.
Nick,
It looks you try to veil the problem. The "pacing violation" message is not a problem. Of course we can do 59 requests instead of 60 and you will not see the problem, but you will not be able to receive data in both cases!
The pacing violation message clearly informs users that data will not be downloaded due to the limitation. It is good to know instead of silence. So the problem is restriction on IB side and there is no way to overcome it.

Return to “MultiCharts”