Running two account with one multicharts license on 1 pc

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dingmanhoe123

Running two account with one multicharts license on 1 pc

Postby dingmanhoe123 » 18 Jan 2015

How could I set two separate workspace running two separate IB account with one MC license in the same computer. Do I need to open two TWS of IB on a PC?

ABC

Re: Running two account with one multicharts license on 1 pc

Postby ABC » 18 Jan 2015

Yes, two gateways or two instances of TWS. Then you need to make sure to properly configure them i.e. make sure that the two different IB programs use different ports and configure them in MC with the same ports.

Regards,
ABC

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 18 Jan 2015

IB's data probably requires a little bit of planning with IB's Market Data Subscriptions, depending on how different both accounts are.

This is because the QuoteManager can only connect to one TWS at a time. The QuoteManager-connected account will therefore also need to have real-time data available that is solely used with the other account.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jan 2015

Hello dingmanhoe123,

Here is How To Connect Multiple Interactive Brokers Profiles. Broker profiles are global and are available across all workspaces. Once you configure the broker profiles - you need to select the proper profile on the Chart Trading Panel/DOM/Trade Bar for manual trading and configure the auto trading plugin for automated trading.

Return to “MultiCharts”