Record historical data.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
waldem

Record historical data.

Postby waldem » 21 Jan 2015

hallo all, it is possibile in some way to record the historical data?

my broker allow only 3 months in intraday, but i would like to record these datas every day and attach in cue to their datafeed.

should be good idea for future implementation?

JoshM

Re: Record historical data.

Postby JoshM » 21 Jan 2015

hallo all, it is possibile in some way to record the historical data?

my broker allow only 3 months in intraday, but i would like to record these datas every day and attach in cue to their datafeed.
Such intra-day data is stored in the MultiCharts QuoteManager. See Collecting and Saving Data to MultiCharts Database for more.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Record historical data.  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 21 Jan 2015

Hello waldem,

Dependng on the settings and on the data source, the data may be saved automatically. Please follow the link to learn more.

waldem

Postby waldem » 21 Jan 2015

thank you, i never knew.
i have tried now.

bye

waldem

Postby waldem » 09 Feb 2015

hallo all, thank you for the answer but one thing is still not clear to me after read the wiki.

the Quote manager must stay always open to collect the data or is enough to have open the MC?

since my brocker allow the "download historical data" is enough if i open and close the quote manager once per day or must stay open the complete session?

thank you
walter

arnie

Postby arnie » 09 Feb 2015

hallo all, thank you for the answer but one thing is still not clear to me after read the wiki.

the Quote manager must stay always open to collect the data or is enough to have open the MC?

since my brocker allow the "download historical data" is enough if i open and close the quote manager once per day or must stay open the complete session?

thank you
walter
QM does not save historical data (ie. it has no capabilities to connect to your broker servers and collect historical data).
QM only saves intraday data. The moment you open QM and connect a symbol, QM only start to collect data from that point on until you close it. Also, if you have an internet connection loss QM has no capability to collect the lost data.

Only MC is capable of collecting historical data.
If you want your symbols historical data saved into MC the only way possible at the moment is to open chart by chart. After doing that you may connect all those symbols via QM instead of having all charts opened in MC, then again, any internet loss you'll have a hole in the charts. The only way to fix that is to open the chart in MC so it can download the missing data.

Also, if MC does not have the DOWNLOAD MISSING HISTORICAL DATA checked the only data available will be the one being received from the moment it connects.

I believe there's a PM request for QM to download historical data (by request).
A very handy option that I'm sure it will be attended in the future due to its usefulness, specially now with the portfolio trading tool where traders with such option could download from IQFeed server for instance the entire S&P500 stocks at the same time.

waldem

Postby waldem » 06 Feb 2016

hallo Team, i reply to this very old topic because recently something very strange happen to my MC.

i have 2 MC license in 2 different machine "Windows 10" and "Windows Server 2012".
on both if i let MC open the complete day from 7am to 22pm, the close procedure always fail; that mean that the process always stay open and never appear the window for saving collected data and i loose everythings collected during the day.

it is something that happen also to you?
can be solved?

maybe i will call you in chat to see it directly.
w

arnie

Postby arnie » 06 Feb 2016

hallo Team, i reply to this very old topic because recently something very strange happen to my MC.

i have 2 MC license in 2 different machine "Windows 10" and "Windows Server 2012".
on both if i let MC open the complete day from 7am to 22pm, the close procedure always fail; that mean that the process always stay open and never appear the window for saving collected data and i loose everythings collected during the day.

it is something that happen also to you?
can be solved?

maybe i will call you in chat to see it directly.
w
How many symbols are you following real time? Are you collecting tick data or only minute data?
How much time do you wait for the process to end normally? Minutes? Hours?
Is this only happening when you're collecting data for 15 hours or also if you only collect data for 10 minutes?
By the way, which process hangs? tsServer.exe?

You really should go to live chat so they can see what is happening there.
Next time MC hangs, before killing the process, collect the logs so MC support can better see what is happening there.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Feb 2016

Hello waldem,

We have identified that the issue is caused by the 3rd party data feed you are using. Please refer to Christina's email for further information.

Return to “MultiCharts”