Unable to Connect To Digital Rights System

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mcjohn

Unable to Connect To Digital Rights System

Postby mcjohn » 22 Jan 2015

Starting trial for the first time and receiving the message "Unable to Connect To Digital Rights System". How do I get past this or is it normal for the demo? Could this error cause me to not create a connection with my OANDA account? The suggestions in the forum unfortunately did not help. My internet connection is fine because I am currently connected to my OANDA account and my TS account.

TJ

Re: Unable to Connect To Digital Rights System

Postby TJ » 22 Jan 2015

Starting trial for the first time and receiving the message "Unable to Connect To Digital Rights System". How do I get past this or is it normal for the demo? Could this error cause me to not create a connection with my OANDA account? The suggestions in the forum unfortunately did not help. My internet connection is fine because I am currently connected to my OANDA account and my TS account.
make sure your computer is connected to the internet, and your anti-virus allows MultiCharts to access the net.

mcjohn

Thank you for the reply. However, no luck. As mentioned:
My internet connection is fine because I am currently connected to my OANDA account and my TS account. Plus, I am using this forum on the same computer, successfully.

I turned off my antivirus and security software by disabling "Norton Security". Firewall, and...all. Still no luck.

The MC Event Log reports:
Establishing connection to OANDA...
Login failed: AUTH FAILED.

I never have a chance to login because the OANDA Network Login is a blank white window with no fields and then times out.

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Jan 2015

Thank you for the reply. However, no luck. As mentioned:
My internet connection is fine because I am currently connected to my OANDA account and my TS account. Plus, I am using this forum on the same computer, successfully.
I turned off my antivirus and security software by disabling "Norton Security". Firewall, and...all. Still no luck.
The MC Event Log reports:
Establishing connection to OANDA...
Login failed: AUTH FAILED.
I never have a chance to login because the OANDA Network Login is a blank white window with no fields and then times out.
There are 2 events you are describing...

1. "Unable to Connect To Digital Rights System"
2. OANDA... Login failed: AUTH FAILED.

The 1st one is for MultiCharts. If you see a green square at the bottom right corner of the screen, you are ok with MultiCharts Digital Rights System.

For Oanda connection, please watch the tutorial video here:
https://www.multicharts.com/multicharts/help/videos/

mcjohn

The "Digital System" message is resolved.

I have followed the OANDA video from the start. What's next?

What does MC use for the login method? Does it access browser resources? If so, how can I troubleshoot that as the source of the issue?

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Jan 2015

The "Digital System" message is resolved.
What does MC use for the login method? Does it access browser resources? If so, how can I troubleshoot that as the source of the issue?
Give this a try:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47301#p110631

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 23 Jan 2015

My reply to this will be the same as in your other topic topic with the same OANDA issue. :] Or is there a difference between both help requests? If so, please specify so that more practical help can be offered.

Return to “MultiCharts”