Clear Casche file

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

Clear Casche file

Postby drwar » 19 Feb 2008

How do you clear the entire casche file ? I did a reinstall hoping that it would provide a new casche file but instead it supplied one that was about 100 meg.
How do we do this without clicking 900 symbols?

J~

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Feb 2008

it looks more like a reserved work space than a cache.

drwar

Postby drwar » 19 Feb 2008

[quote]it looks more like a reserved work space than a cache.[/quote]

I don't think so, I think they included an old data base casche and all so that new users would have some data to play with.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Feb 2008

The only way to minimize the cache database is to delete it and let the installer to set it up. As you probably know the database couldn't be reduced without defragmentation. Since we don't have such a tool even if you delete cache, the database will not be decreased.

drwar

Postby drwar » 20 Feb 2008

[quote]The only way to minimize the cache database is to delete it and let the installer to set it up. As you probably know the database couldn't be reduced without defragmentation. Since we don't have such a tool even if you delete cache, the database will not be decreased.[/quote]

Andrew
This was the issue of the database being copied from the old location. THat is now deleted so I now have an empty casche file which is what I wanted.

thanks

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Feb 2008

good

Joerg

Postby Joerg » 15 Apr 2008

In my database I only collect Minute & Daily Data, no Ticks ("Fields to collect"). I´m quite satisfied with the small size of the TSSTORAGE.GDB also for big volumes of minute data. But it seems to collect Tick Data in the TSCACHE.GDB while I´m online.

Would it work to save a new/clean TSCACHE.GDB from a new installation and overwrite the growing used one from time to time?
Or would this result in problems with the rest of the database because it contains other symbols/preferences than the empty TSCACHE.GDB?

Thanks a lot.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Apr 2008

Hi Joerg,

Could you pelease explain why you think that the tick data is still collected even if this field is disabled?

Thank you!

Joerg

Postby Joerg » 16 Apr 2008

Hi Marina,

you´re right. I´ve overseen some symbols. Now I used "Apply to all Symbols" and the file does´nt grow anymore. I thought it still is holded data in cache because in the chart also every new tick is shown, not only a new completed minute.

Let my ask another question because slow growing GDB-Files are quite important for me to set up a long living database: What happens when I reload Charts (Crtl+R): Are the data overwritten oder are they appended to the GDB-File? Of course only the new loaded data are plotted in the chart but how handles QM this issue?

I´m wondering why reloading round about 10 Intraday-Charts with 1 Day missed data adds 3 MB to the GDB-File. When I import ASCII this correspond to 5 Years of Minute Data.

Thanks a lot.

Joerg

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Apr 2008

Hi Joerg,

I wouldn't worry about the expansion of the database. Even if you actively use MultiCharts for many years your database will weigh about 2 GB - at most. This is definitely not an issue since modern computers offer more than enough memory size.

Return to “MultiCharts”