Reload does not load data

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
andrew444

Reload does not load data

Postby andrew444 » 29 Jan 2015

I use MC.Net with TWS IB.
For a break in the line today I have two holes of data. As before, I uninstalled Java, I installed version 1,8,0_31-b13 for Windows 7. I rebooted the PC, I opened the TWS latest version (948,3c), which loads the data correctly, I started MC . Net, I still found the holes in the data, I ran the reload, but nothing, the holes in the data remain.

Thank you

JoshM

Re: Reload does not load data

Postby JoshM » 29 Jan 2015

For a break in the line today I have two holes of data. As before, I uninstalled Java, I installed version 1,8,0_31-b13 for Windows 7. I rebooted the PC, I opened the TWS latest version (948,3c), which loads the data correctly, I started MC . Net, I still found the holes in the data, I ran the reload, but nothing, the holes in the data remain.
When you do a reload with IB data, the reload is performed from cache and not from the IB data feed:
Due to IB Pacing Violation limitation MultiCharts stores realtime IB quotes in a cache until the restart of the platform. When you reload a chart in order to avoid pacing violation the data is taken from this cache. If you want the data to be directly loaded from IB servers, please disable this option. To make this setting come into effect you need to restart MultiCharts and all of its applications.
Source. (also discusses where to find this option)

You can also clear the cache for a specific symbol (see here) to see if that solves the problem.

MidKnight

Re: Reload does not load data

Postby MidKnight » 31 Jan 2015

Thank you
May I ask if your problem is on their FOREX symbols? Over my last decade of using IB for FOREX data, there have been considerably long multi-day periods where their FX data backfill has large data holes.....

With kind regards,
MK

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”