Multicharts Alert Function with multiple Renko charts  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trim

Multicharts Alert Function with multiple Renko charts

Postby trim » 02 Feb 2015

I have multiple Renko charts with the same Instrument. However when I set the Alert function on the charts to send me an email the problem is the email information does not tell me which chart it refers to.
Renko charts are created using a resolution of 1 Tick but you then set various Box Sizes for the Renko chart. So Multicharts Alert simply recognises only the Resolution (e.g. 1 Tick) not the various Box Sizes one can set for Renko charts. So the Alert can not differentiate between the multiple charts of the same instrument.

This is annoying as I cannot see from my emails what is really happening because I have no idea what Renko chart it refers to.

Does anyone have a work around for this?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Multicharts Alert Function with multiple Renko charts  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Feb 2015

Hello trim,

That is possible to return the Box Size of the chart in the alert text:

Code: Select all

Alert(text(BoxSize:0:5));

trim

Re: Multicharts Alert Function with multiple Renko charts

Postby trim » 05 Feb 2015

WORKS PERFECTLY THANKS HENRY

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 05 Feb 2015

Has MC ever thought about a feature which enables the naming of windows? Not a big deal, but I work around this all the time. It's all charts, not just Renkos.

trim

Postby trim » 05 Feb 2015

I agree it is quite annoying dealing with the Alert message format which is simply not mobile device friendly and while working with multiple instruments and having to constantly remind oneself what the Instrument code is all the time, is also annoying.

Furthermore if you work with a black background then in order to be able to read the Instrument status description you have to use an colour such as white but in doing that it effects the Renko Box border colour which in turn is a problem.

They may seem small issues but I find them disappointing given the many great features of Multicharts

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 05 Feb 2015

There are a lot of usability quirks that really could be touched up and modernized.

With all that said, they've done a GREAT job with the platform. Look at the competition... There's no perfect platform out there.

Let's keep this specific though. Naming windows would help a lot. How do you tell the difference between ten 5 minute charts in one workspace without adding nonsense to the code and indicators to the windows?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Feb 2015

MAtricks, trim,

Thank you for your suggestions. All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

Return to “MultiCharts”