Reload of Free Quotes is not working

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mark

Reload of Free Quotes is not working

Postby mark » 11 Feb 2015

It is now 7:36pm CST. Tried to open a few chats but todays data is absent. Tried Cntrl-R, closed and reopened MC multiple times, Deleted data and Reload would import data up to yesterday 2/10/2015 but not today.

Data Server Mode is "online" and checkbox marked for "download missing historical data"

Using MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 10715)

Any ideas?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Reload of Free Quotes is not working

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Feb 2015

Hello mark,

FreeQuotes is the data downloaded from the Yahoo Finance/Google Finance websites in spreadsheet format. If the data does not exist on the data provider's website in the spreadsheet file - you won't be able to have it in MultiCharts. Please go to the Yahoo Finance/Google Finance->Historical prices->Download to Spreadsheet to check the data availability.

mark

Postby mark » 18 Feb 2015

FreeQuotes is the data downloaded from the Yahoo Finance/Google Finance websites in spreadsheet format. If the data does not exist on the data provider's website in the spreadsheet file - you won't be able to have it in MultiCharts. Please go to the Yahoo Finance/Google Finance->Historical prices->Download to Spreadsheet to check the data availability.
Henry,
It is now 7pm CST and MC would not load the data for GE. After multiple tries of "Ctrl-R" and restarting MC, the data finally loaded. Now ticker QIWI will not load. I went to Yahoo and downloaded the spreadsheet as you suggested. The data is there for today, Feb 18, but MC will not pick it up.
Update: At 8:30pm I restarted MC, opened the workspace, hit Cntrl-R and the chart updated to include todays data.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Feb 2015

Hello mark,

Please make sure the symbol sessions are correct. Here is how to change the symbol session settings. If a custom session template is used - see Session templates. Please reload your chart after the sessions are changed.

If the bar does not appear on your chart after reload - please right click on the Event Log of QuoteManager->Open Log Folder. In the appeared window open the FreeQuotes[tsServer].log file. Copy the download link for your last request (starts with "start download .... ") and paste it into your web browser->press Enter. Open the downloaded file and check it for the presence of the last bar.

mark

Postby mark » 19 Feb 2015

In the Quote Manager, The Session Setting is set to "Use Exchange and ECN settings"
In the Chart Window, The Session Setting is set to "Default." I changed this to "US Stocks", hit Ctrl-R with no results. Changed it to 24/5, hit Ctrl-R with no results. Changed back to "Default", hit Ctrl-R with no results. Hit Ctrl-R the second time and data loaded for today, Feb 19.

It should not be this difficult. :-)

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Feb 2015

In the Quote Manager, The Session Setting is set to "Use Exchange and ECN settings"
In the Chart Window, The Session Setting is set to "Default." I changed this to "US Stocks", hit Ctrl-R with no results. Changed it to 24/5, hit Ctrl-R with no results. Changed back to "Default", hit Ctrl-R with no results. Hit Ctrl-R the second time and data loaded for today, Feb 19.

I have just opened a chart for GE. This is the first time I called up this symbol, so all the data is downloaded from the free quote source. I have no problem getting today's close.

In the Quote Manager, The Session Setting is set to "Use Exchange and ECN settings" (9:30-16:00)
In the Chart Window, The Session Setting is set to "Default."
Time zone = local (ET)

Attachments
2015-02-19 22.11.jpg
(28.25 KiB) Downloaded 865 times
2015-02-19 22.07.jpg
(46.15 KiB) Downloaded 882 times
2015-02-19 21.59.jpg
(86.71 KiB) Downloaded 875 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Feb 2015

You have missed the following:
If the bar does not appear on your chart after reload - please right click on the Event Log of QuoteManager->Open Log Folder. In the appeared window open the FreeQuotes[tsServer].log file. Copy the download link for your last request (starts with "start download .... ") and paste it into your web browser->press Enter. Open the downloaded file and check it for the presence of the last bar.

mark

Postby mark » 26 Feb 2015

Henry,
I did miss the instruction concerning the log folder.

Today I hit Ctrl-R for ITT which did not load todays data. I went through the sequence you prescribed and the data for ITT is in the spreadsheet. I went back to the chart, Ctrl-R, and the data loaded into the chart.

The same for QIWI, except the data is not in the spreadsheet.

Also, the log did not display an attempt to download from google. So I went to "Data Feed Configuration" as shown by TJ and moved Google to the top. Ctrl-R loaded todays data.

In the Configuration box there is a "timeout" entry which has a value of "10" which I assume is minutes. Would it be useful to adjust these values?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Mar 2015

In the Configuration box there is a "timeout" entry which has a value of "10" which I assume is minutes. Would it be useful to adjust these values?
Timeout waiting for server response is specified in seconds. It does not affect the data returned by the data provider.

Return to “MultiCharts”