Lmax API

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
chilli

Lmax API

Postby chilli » 25 Feb 2015

I have been running 2 accounts on lmax, one for long the other for shorts. To run them on 2 separate
api`s as per lmax recommendation do I need to have 2 MC licenses ( 2 instances of MC ), or is there some way on the lmax end to set up 2 api`s ?
Maybe I have it wrong but I thought each account would run on a different api ? Keen to hear how others have set up LMAX accounts for long and short trading.

JoshM

Re: Lmax API

Postby JoshM » 25 Feb 2015

Maybe I have it wrong but I thought each account would run on a different api ?
MultiCharts advises to only use one broker profile (see here; follow the link for more LMAX recommendations) because LMAX supports that much. If MultiCharts had 'different' APIs for each broker profile, this probably wouldn't be an issue.

chilli

Postby chilli » 25 Feb 2015

Thanks Josh, I read that thread a while back, but what`s the answer ? Run 2 MC licenses, to avoid having 2 broker profiles.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Feb 2015

Thanks Josh, I read that thread a while back, but what`s the answer ? Run 2 MC licenses, to avoid having 2 broker profiles.
Hello chilli,

The answer (in the thread specified by JoshM) was the following:
Avoid using more than one LMAX broker profile (may work seamless to some users). It works ok for some users, for some users it can cause issues. As it was stated by LMAX representatives - the behaviour can be unstable, unpredictable and unsupported. So you can use it at your own risk. In MultiCharts multiple broker profiles are running through a single LMAX API. If you want to run two separate instances of LMAX API - you need to be running two different products (ex. 32 bit and 64 bit MC, or MC + MC NET) which requires two licenses.

Return to “MultiCharts”