Syncing database  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
evdl

Syncing database

Postby evdl » 26 Feb 2015

I have two pc's with each their own MC license. PC1 collects all data and is also used for backtesting. PC2 is used for backtesting. To get the same backtesting results, it is important to use the same tickdata. Instead of exporting and importing data every day.

Is it possible to sync QM database between different pc's by copy the complete database from PC1 to PC2 and replace the database of PC2 with the database of PC1. (all the files in the directory: C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts64\Databases)

Or does every MC installation has his own unique database and can't be replaced without resulting in errors.

orion

Re: Syncing database

Postby orion » 26 Feb 2015

I have been able to copy databases between machines without a problem.

JoshM

Re: Syncing database  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 27 Feb 2015

I have been able to copy databases between machines without a problem.
Same here.

But both MultiCharts instances will need to have a compatible version in terms of the database:
After an upgrade of MultiChats to 8.7 version, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the Database and use it in the previous versions.
Source.
Database files from any 32-bit version, starting with MultiCharts 8.0 Beta 1 can be used in any 64-bit version, starting with MultiCharts 8.0 Beta 1 and vice versa without any transformation.
Source.

This might also be helpful when the MultiCharts versions differ:
This procedure can be used to reduce the size of your database and to transform the files from any version prior to MultiCharts 8.0 Beta 1 to be used in any MultiCharts 8+ versions (example: from MC 7.4; MC 7.2; MC 7.0; MC 6.2 and earlier to MC 8.0). After the .bat file is used, the database files can be used both in MC 32-bit and in MC 64-bit.
(See link in quote for source).

Return to “MultiCharts”