LMAX: Order Canceled: OUTSIDE_ALLOWED PRICE RANGE.....Why?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

LMAX: Order Canceled: OUTSIDE_ALLOWED PRICE RANGE.....Why?

Postby hughesfleming » 02 Mar 2015

I have been searching but I can't find the answer to this error. I have been running the same strategy on several LMAX currencies and CFD's last week without problems. What I mean by the same strategy is that my targets and stops come from the same code.

Today I started to test the US Crude CFD and I got this message in the log:-

Instrument: US Crude (Spot); Order: Buy Limit 20; Status: Rejected; Reason: OUTSIDE_ALLOWED_PRICE_RANGE.

I am entering with four positions and scaling out. I am using some kind of ATR stop/target which currently has the first target 0.54 from the entry price. The picture of the back test of the last few days is attached which looks normal but when automated execution is started and an order is placed, the errors start. What is particular about this instrument that this error does not show up elsewhere?

Many thanks,

Alex
Attachments
US Crude test1.png
(117.58 KiB) Downloaded 499 times

JoshM

Re: LMAX: Order Canceled: OUTSIDE_ALLOWED PRICE RANGE.....Wh

Postby JoshM » 02 Mar 2015

Today I started to test the US Crude CFD and I got this message in the log:-

Instrument: US Crude (Spot); Order: Buy Limit 20; Status: Rejected; Reason: OUTSIDE_ALLOWED_PRICE_RANGE.

I am entering with four positions and scaling out. I am using some kind of ATR stop/target which currently has the first target 0.54 from the entry price. The picture of the back test of the last few days is attached which looks normal but when automated execution is started and an order is placed, the errors start.
Does this error happen with every order submitted?

I'm asking because 0.54 as a target from the entry price doesn't come close to 3%, but if I look at your chart and the last entry (50.5?) and second profit target (49?), that's with 2.97% very close to the maximum allowed 3% deviation:

The price at which Limit Orders can be placed is restricted. This is to prevent, mongst other things, erroneous trades from being placed on the MTF. The MTF will reject any orders that lie outside of a defined range.
The range will consist of an upper and lower price limits and are through necessity constantly changing due to the volatile nature of financial markets. Details of the restrictions that the MTF imposes on Limit Orders are set out in the Instrument Information on the trading platform
Source: Trading manual (p 9)
Attachments
scr.02-03-2015 13.14.15.png
(24.34 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

hughesfleming

Re: LMAX: Order Canceled: OUTSIDE_ALLOWED PRICE RANGE.....Wh  [SOLVED]

Postby hughesfleming » 02 Mar 2015

Thanks Josh,

That explains a lot. I missed that detail.

regards,

Alex

Edit: Pulling in that last target did the job. Thanks again.

Return to “MultiCharts”