Annoyances and suggestions  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
QGroup

Annoyances and suggestions

Postby QGroup » 05 Mar 2015

I remember seeing a thread a year or so back with smaller suggestion, which are typically too small to be feature request. I've accumulated a list for some time now and figure I'll share it with MC, and hoping they will find it useful. It is possible that some things are already taken care of (or is planned for future releases), in case I apologize in advance.

Below are some suggestions or things I find annoying, in no particular order:

- Comment in the input fields, both for .Net and Standard. For each specified input it should be possible to add a comment that is shown when a strategy/indicator is applied.

- Optimize over true/false conditions (optimizer transform them to 1/0). Can of course convert them to integers in my code, but more user friendly to allow booleans.

- Forum search in .Net only, not both, on your webpage. Seems to me that your search function searches the whole forum.

- When an exception is thrown in MC, which is not managed and the message is longer than a few lines there is no way to see all of it (unless changing the code/debugging). It would be great with a scrollbar to be able to show the full message.

- Make the dropdown windows in the 3d optimization viewer and optimization table wider, since unless you have a really short strategy name and parameter name it only shows part of it.

.. one thing that really annoys me:

- Click on the 'Insert study' or 'Insert Signal' doesn't always bring up the respective tab, often when I click on study the signal tab shows up. This has been the same for the last few years to the current version, so I doubt it only happens for me. Also, be able to deselect a strategy if one has been clicked. Often when I want to add a study, I click that button but the window opens up with the strategy tab select where I click on a name before realizing this. I have to close this window and open it again, otherwise the signal selected is added as well as the indicator I chose...

.. and a few suggestions for the portfolio backtester:

- Categorize report. This is probably a proper feature request, but figure I'll write here first in case any other users has some additional suggestions. Sometimes I backtest over different timeframes or combinations of strategies, and want see how a group performs in relation to the whole portfolio. Currently you can only get statistics for either a single symbol, or the whole portfolio. If I create a couple strategies in the portfolio tree I would like to be able to see the stats for each tree (portfolio).

- Sharpe ratio for portfolio, avg percentage return on each trade and standard deviation, histogram of trades.

- Make data selectable to export to excel with copy paste. I.e select 10 trades with the information in the table shown, and copy this. Not possible to select data as of now.

- Sort data in portfolio backtesting, such as sort symbol based on return. As of now they are always shown in the same order.

- Choose what to export with the performance export. Takes forever on i7 with 16gb on weekly data even for some portfolios. I might only want to export the trade list or the portfolio summary, and export every single thing is wasting a lot of time.

.. and finally:

- Not automatically turn off autotrading when something is modified, and skip that annoying confirmation. Should be enough with the confirmation/warning when auto trading is turned on for the first chart, as an indication that it is actually on now - not on every single chart after that.
Aslo, a feature to turn on autotrading on all charts at once in a workspace. I know a workspace can be saved with auto trading on and then loaded, but sometimes I need to make smaller adjustments before turning it on so this is not an option.

Hope you find some of the suggestions useful and happy to hear if other users have more input!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Annoyances and suggestions  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Mar 2015

Hello QGroup,

Thank you for your feedback. It will be forwarded to the management of the company and evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap or there is no technical possibility to implement them.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”