Obtaining Range of Displayed Indicator Values on a SubChart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eegroup

Obtaining Range of Displayed Indicator Values on a SubChart

Postby eegroup » 11 Mar 2015

I know we can use GETAPPINFO(aiHighestDispValue) and GETAPPINFO(aiLowestDispValue) to get the displayed price range on a chart. Similarly, is there any way to obtain the Indicator value range displayed on a SubChart? I am plotting a point/dot above the Indicator values on selective bars on the Indicator SubChart and would like to create an percentage offset parameter to plot the points/dots above the Indicator value, a certain distance away. Presently, I am using an absolute Indicator value to do this, but the Indicator values vary greatly from symbol to symbol (Futures contracts). I am attempting to create a universal Indicator where a percentage offset would work on virtually all symbols.

Partial screenshot is attached.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Attachments
Dots on an Indicator.PNG
(4 KiB) Downloaded 359 times

TJ

Re: Obtaining Range of Displayed Indicator Values on a SubCh

Postby TJ » 18 Mar 2015

I know we can use GETAPPINFO(aiHighestDispValue) and GETAPPINFO(aiLowestDispValue) to get the displayed price range on a chart. Similarly, is there any way to obtain the Indicator value range displayed on a SubChart? I am plotting a point/dot above the Indicator values on selective bars on the Indicator SubChart and would like to create an percentage offset parameter to plot the points/dots above the Indicator value, a certain distance away. Presently, I am using an absolute Indicator value to do this, but the Indicator values vary greatly from symbol to symbol (Futures contracts). I am attempting to create a universal Indicator where a percentage offset would work on virtually all symbols.

Partial screenshot is attached.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Look up

Highest
Lowest

You have to calculate (estimate) the number of bars on the screen to make it work.

Return to “MultiCharts”