auto-detect current position, possible?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kernel

auto-detect current position, possible?

Postby kernel » 10 Apr 2015

Hi,

Instead of full auto-trading, what I'd like to do is "partial" automation: I be in charge of decision-making on when and where to enter the market, and let my computer take over the rest and finish the job (position management and exit). However, to achieve that, you'd have to tell MC your position info after entry, just like every time you launch your auto-trading strategy in MC. This is cumbersome for partial automation, is it possible to make the MC monitor my account info and activities, and detect current position live? Thanks.

-K

JoshM

Re: auto-detect current position, possible?  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 13 Apr 2015

However, to achieve that, you'd have to tell MC your position info after entry, just like every time you launch your auto-trading strategy in MC. This is cumbersome for partial automation, is it possible to make the MC monitor my account info and activities, and detect current position live? Thanks.
MarketPositon_at_Broker will return the position at the broker (when auto-trading is enabled), and ChangeMarketPosition and PlaceMarketOrder can be used to sync a strategy with a broker's open positions programmatically (that is, 'take ownership' of open positions and manage them).

Return to “MultiCharts”