What if MC servers down or if MC closes shop?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
HPF

What if MC servers down or if MC closes shop?

Postby HPF » 24 Apr 2015

Dear users and MultiCharts staff,

I have a serious question about system availability.

As far as I understand, whenever I start MC, my machine connects to some license server at MC and verifies whether my license is valid. Also, it seems that my machine connects to MC at regular intervals in order to re-verify the license. When I lose my internet connection for a while due to a local problem, MC complains that the connection to the DRM server has been lost and that it now refuses to work with live data.

This behaviour raises the following questions:
1. What if the MultiCharts servers fail for some reason? Even though my local system and my data provider are both online, I would be unable to work.
2. What if the MC servers are hacked, subject to a denial of service attack, or shut down by the authorities for whatever valid or invalid reason?
3. What if MC decides to discontinue the service, or if MC closes shop? It would be understandable that in this case, there would be no further product development, but it seems that I would actually be unable to work _the_next_day_.

I'd appreciate your views on this topic.

Kind regards,

HPF

Henry MultiСharts

Re: What if MC servers down or if MC closes shop?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Apr 2015

This behaviour raises the following questions:
1. What if the MultiCharts servers fail for some reason? Even though my local system and my data provider are both online, I would be unable to work.
Hello HPF,

There are multiple authorization servers, if one fails - others will help to keep you online.
2. What if the MC servers are hacked, subject to a denial of service attack, or shut down by the authorities for whatever valid or invalid reason?
We have highest level of security on our servers. If any issue arises - it is rectified immediately.
3. What if MC decides to discontinue the service, or if MC closes shop? It would be understandable that in this case, there would be no further product development, but it seems that I would actually be unable to work _the_next_day_.
The company operates since 1999 so you should not have any doubts – we are not going to leave this market.
In any worst case scenario the servers for MultiCharts authorization will continue to run.

Return to “MultiCharts”